World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a drive tonight round about high tide. Stopped at Fremington Quay for a while. First thing you noticed was the f###in huge ship :boat: tied up to the quay and next to that were the fishermen. My question is dose anybody catch there this time of year? If so what do they catch and are they of any size.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Went out for a drive tonight round about high tide. Stopped at Fremington Quay for a while. First thing you noticed was the f###in huge ship :boat: tied up to the quay and next to that were the fishermen. My question is dose anybody catch there this time of year? If so what do they catch and are they of any size.
fremington is one of those venues where you very rarely fail to catch anything.

school bass are always present throughout the year with the occasional keeper and the not so occasional "lunker".

eels are another fish which seems to keep showing up along with the odd flattie.

from personal experience i have found fishing the flood for the last 4 hours and 1 down to be te most productive. the only bait worth using is harbour rag "maddies". peeler being a close second.

both baits can be collected from the mudflats at the quay.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
the boat is the severn sands that rusty heap of crap was tied up at the old oil terminal for about 9months it must leak water like a seive as at times it was listing severly think it is a dredger

· Registered
1,763 Posts
the boat is the severn sands that rusty heap of crap was tied up at the old oil terminal for about 9months it must leak water like a seive as at times it was listing severly think it is a dredger
went down to fremington today crab hunting with the kids, does look like a dredger gotta admit.

dunno if its being done up or something as it has hundreds of paint cans on deck.

p.s I give up on looking for peelers!

· Registered
6,649 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.