World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi In north devon over easter and friends want me to take them fishing at Fremington. Could anyone tell me where to fish, what state of the tide to fish, bast baits and what might be around at this type of year. Any info will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
260 Posts
hi bud i think that the only thing that you will catch is finger bass and maybe a odd flounder,rag worms are the norm and you can dig them there under railway bridge , neap tides are best. best of luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info if anyone can tell me of some other more productive marks i would be grateful. Wha about saunton beach?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thanks for the info if anyone can tell me of some other more productive marks i would be grateful. Wha about saunton beach?
saunton isnt the best exeptone mark wilkybarkid would know more about this as would brauntonian it involves decending a rope I dont like heights and the only time I went there was in thick fog basicly I s**t my pants and wouldnt go down, putsborough or croyde are a better bet on sandeel the other lads round here should give you better details as I am a newby to beach angling and mainly boat fish

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
mate if i was you i would try putsborough from low to high using sandeel at night.
good chance of a ray soon and usually the bass about down there.
if u want you could also lob a mackie head by the rocks and try for a conger.
pm wilkybarkid or 4foxhake who know the mark better then i do.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
rumour has it that the small eyed ray are showing on the surf beaches.

3hours down 2 up with sandeel as preferred bait. lug will tempt the odd schoolie bass too. puttsborough or woolacombe may well be worth a crack.

gonna fish woolacombe sat night will let you know how i get on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts