World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,can someone tell me how you fix french booms to your line?going after pollock in exmouth next week and been told to use these with a paper clip to hold the lead?any idea where i can see a diagram of this??cheers

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just looked on the rigs on the site,the french booms im getting look nothing like this?mine are made of wire

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I presume you mean from the boat then. Best bet is to use a Hopper rig or flying collar rig. They are detailed well with diagrams in the rigs information section of this website. if you need more help post here and i will try my best to give you the information you need.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great help guys!one other thing,i will be using 20lb braid to a shock leader do i tie the leader directly to the boom ?or do i attach a swivel to the leader then lighter line down to the boom?oh yeah,in the diagram you have put on i will be using the bottom pic i think but to attach the wieght to the other end ive been told to clip a paper clip on the wieght.now,do i clip the paper clip straight onto the boom or use a light line(rotten bottom)to attach wieght to the boom?soory for going on guys!

C

·
0 Posts
Tie the leader directly to the boom and then clip the paperclip to the boom and attach your weight to that. Personally though I would tie some 10lb or lighter line to the bottom of the boom and then attach a paperclip to that. If the boom is that close to the wreck for the paperclip to release the weight them the boom is also likely to snag it. You only need about 12'' of lighter line as a rotten bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts