World Sea Fishing Forums banner

French inland waterways

752 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  smooth-hound 
#1 ·
I am in France at the moment and thought I would give freshwater fishing a go, packed the lightweight telescopic spinning rod and tonight was my first session in the marina, although I don’t think fishing is allowed here. Chucked out Bread until the fish were confidant then freelined floating bread, just like mullet fishing. Had small carp almost every cast, great fun on the light tackle. Heading on to the Saone tomorrow where I shall try for some bigger fish, famous for the catfish apparently.
Food Fish Wood Fin Fish products

See less See more
#5 ·
This is too confusing for me, I am struggling to identify fish without hybrids! Weather has been a bit strange here for the last few days but hoping to get out again soon, I have been reading about drop shotting so plan to try that next

#8 ·
Cheers, I only have the one rod with me and managed to snap the end off miles from the nearest tackle shop. Next stop is a town with a tackle shop so shall be looking to get a rod and start fishing again after 3 days without a rod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.