World Sea Fishing Forums banner

French tackle

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bassbites 
#1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Anyone experience of prices of fishing rods and reels in France.There is a move towards more continental type tackle in ths country i.e. longer floppier rods but not very much is available in this country. i.e only one rod for sale over 14ft. i.e.Shakespeare K2.Unless you know different ?
</font>

See less See more
#3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Have found Penn do a &nbsp;new 15 footer advertised by Gerry&#39;s &nbsp;of Morecambe for about £80 - a bit cheaper than Shakespearse offerings. It&#39;s not in the new 2004 Penn catalogue for some reason or on their net site.Incidentally is Total Sea Fishing still on the market.Haven&#39;t seen it on my local shop shelves for a month or two.</font>

G
#4 ·
<font color='#000000'>yes Total Sea Fishing is still on the market i have the March issue...pretty good issue too in fairness. &nbsp;Try getting a subscription if you want it and get get it I imagine the number hasn&#39;t changed.</font>

#5 ·
<font color='#000000'>It is one thing to see tackle advertised,reviewed or in catalogues.It&#39;s another thing actually finding someone with any in stock or available in the near future.You can spend hours surfing the net,E-mailng or phoning getting nowhere. Local dealers never seem to have anything slightly unusual or new.Nobody ever seems to have the full range of anything only the more popular items.I am pained off &nbsp;
&nbsp;
</font>

#6 ·
<font color='#000000'>
Shimano &nbsp;do 4 &nbsp;different &nbsp;surfcasting rods 16ft long between £27 and £100.Unfortunately the three cheapest are only available to dealers in packs of 20 so they don&#39;t stock them.The Catana just below £100 is normally special order,not discounted in price and is the one I have ordered.They reckon a long rod adds 10 yards to the cast which might get you behind&#39;the third breaker&#39;.
Long rods this summer &nbsp;? "Be there or be square"</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.