World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be down in Norwich from Around the 12th of April for 4 or 5 days, am hoping to fish Cromer as this is the only place have fished this way on. Is anywhere else more recomended nearby?. Also I am in need of a supplier of fresh lug in the Norwich area if there is any? if not then I will need a supplier near a mark, to which end I would have to fish at a "shop friendly time"! any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. P.R man

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
These are the ones I use:

Norwich-Avenue angling, denbigh road 01603 764004
Cromer- (former angling direct shop) 01263 514848
Cromer- Oasis guns and tackle 01263 513 676
Northrepps- house on side of road, sorry don't know number
Sheringham- Brights tackle

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone fished Cromer, Trimmingham or Mundesley recently? anywhere stand out, seems to have gone quiet, hope I'm wrong. P.R man

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
[QUOTE="My God Cod";592590]Has anyone fished Cromer, Trimmingham or Mundesley recently? anywhere stand out, seems to have gone quiet, hope I'm wrong. P.R man[/QUOTE]

Fished cromer pier on saturday, only 9 smallish codling and a dogfish to report. Tried last night for 2 hours and blanked, Will be fishing again tonight.

Its very rough at the moment, I considered trying mundesley or Cromer beach but thought it might be too rough/weedy. there were a couple of anglers fishing the seafront at cromer last night who had a few small codling and bass, but I think conditions deteriorated. Been at gorleston today for a look round, sea is very rough here aswell.

One encouraging point; a couple of very large bass have been hooked and lost from cromer pier in the last couple of weeks, so they are obviously starting to make an appearance.

·
Registered
849 Posts
u0347108 was that report of yours placed on leader lines? I haven't heard of any large bass hooked on the pier recently but your more likely to be in touch with those that fish it more than me. Trimingham,Mundesley etc are fishable, its scruffy rough and the surf looks clean, might get a bit hairy at hw with the cliffs behind, especially to the left of the slip at Trimingham.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Aitch,
Yes that was my report on LL

Regarding the bass, one was supposedly hooked a couple of weeks ago and clearly identified before being lost, I was a bit dubious at first but the description of it sounds fairly convincing.
The second was hooked while I was fishing on the pier on Saturday morning, but all that was seen of it was a big silver flash. As far as I could gather the circumstances were similar, a massive bite followed by a lot of slack line, then the fish diving straight under the ironwork and snapping the line. I seem to remember this happening a few times, around the same time last year, probably one or two rogue fish?
Also, there was a 3lb bass landed last week by a lady angler

Good to hear that the beaches are fishable, will probably give mundesley a try this evening. Do you think its best to fish it over low or high water, given the conditions?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I will try Cromer beach again as I am comfortable with the parking etc and haven't heard of any bad reports there. P.R man

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You could also try the sea wall, the second bull nose to the left of the pier is always worth a go a couple of hours either side of high water, often outfishes the pier.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would prefer the beach as it will be less crowdy! also more chance of a decent fish me thinks ?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The Beach has been reshaped in places, a large bank has formed close in, making casting difficult. might have changed again by next week though.
Personally i would fish the pier if its either extremely rough or flat calm, and fish the beach/sea wall if theres a bit of movement in the water.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok bud, I will keep that in mind. Picking bait up on Wednesday 11th to fish Thursday. Will have a look round the beach at low tide Wednesday and ask a few questions. How about rag? should I take this along with Lug ? or any other bait for that matter.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
rag has the edge for bass, lug for codling.

Had a go last night, the sea was far too rough to fish a beach venue, but the pier was just about fishable. Unfortunately nothing much came out, just some undersized codling and a bass of 1lb

May try the beach this evening if it calms down enough, it seemed to settle down a bit towards the end of the session

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Tried to get some crab from Gorleston yesterday, but they only had the baitbox softshell stuff, and I didn't know if it was worth buying. Don't know if anyone on here has an opinion on it?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Fished the sea wall at Cromer last night, excellent sea conditions. Missed 3 good slackliners and caught 3 undersized codling, so it wasn't productive but I'm sure the missed bites were bigger fish.

Plenty of weed but not unfishable, so I don't know what Mundesley etc will be like. Will probably try N.Norfolk again this evening, tempted to go down to Pakefield but I'm sure theres some decent codling to be caught in Cromer area at the moment. Will have a look at low water to see if theres any early peeler available, unlikely but worth a look

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This sounds positive enough for me to give Cromer beach a go, I will fish 1 long and 1 short to edge my bets. If the codling are still there and the Bass are arriving then you never know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts