World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished Freshwater East pemb's recently i am contemplating a trip there maybe a week Sunday. What species are here and what gear is reccomended and any tips are always welcome.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have any info :confused: to share?
Please

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hi you will get lots of different types of flatties flounder turbot, ray, pollock, dogfish,the odd bass. For the flatties use a 2 hook patonoster size 4 or 1/0 hooks using mackeral for the turbot but stick with rag for the flounder. For the ray fish pulley pennel at range using mackeral or squid hope this helps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fresh East is a lucky bag beach. You can expect a wide variety of species some of which are worth targeting size wise. Try the left of the beach in a surf for bass. If you like rock hopping then, head for the right hand side. I have had some good results from here on lure and float tactics. The tide race at the end of the headland can give some fantastic sport with good Pollack, Bass and Makerel on an ebbing tide.

The rocks fish best from May through to October and the beach gives best results from late august to December for mixed fishing.

Any more info needed feel free to contact me

GB

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou Cod King and Lurelover most greatful for your help it might be the rocks this weekend as advised thanks again

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just got back from fishing fresh east, the Bass were queing up to down my redgill. I took 2 home and they were stuffed to the brim with small sandeel. Also had a few Makerel and Pollack.

A 5lb Bass also came of the beach Monday night along with several smaller fish to a local lad using lug. It seems everyone is into them this year.

If you do go this weekend let me know, you may well see me down there.

GB

·
Registered
908 Posts
lurelover- what time/state of tide were you fishing? me and a few mates fished fresh east last week and almost blanked apart from a couple of flatties.

·
Registered
196 Posts
cool wez said:
lurelover- what time/state of tide were you fishing? me and a few mates fished fresh east last week and almost blanked apart from a couple of flatties.

I fished from high water down. Following the fish from trewent point back into the beach as the light faded. The beach would have started to fish as I was leaving toward low water.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant wait i have got all my lures ready and a bucket full of crab ready to go.
Thankyou for your help Lads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts