World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished friars this morning off the point (on the knapside) hoping for a ray after seeing my mate pull a small eye of 7'11 from the same spot last week!!. fished 2 rods, flapper in and pulley out . Bait was mainly mackerel and sandeel. Loads of bites, five dogs landed, 4 on the flapper rig, only one the smallest, came on the pulley. All took the sandeel, and nothing touched the mackerel. Funny that cos last week it was the other way round ! But still no ray !!!Anyway after it started thumping down and my mates flotation suit id borrowed started leaking , I legged it over to porthkerry, changed into my waders, and fished it 2 hrs down and an hour or so up with just peeler crab. Id never fished this mark b4 so I wasnt expecting much, as I usually blank at new places first time lol. I fished from in front of the cliff from the seaweedy boulders ( not sure if its the best place or not, but it looked quite 'fishy' , crabs and seaweed everywhere!). Wind was well strong, but I braved it, and managed a rockling of about 10 oz so I was well happy no blank :clap2: !! PLus I had a massive bite, rod right over, and felt it pull for about 3 seconds before I snagged and snapped the hook. Id definately fish it again on the low, but its well rough on the ground! didnt lose any rigs, but lost most of my weights. All in all a good day out , 6 fish landed, quite a few missed and a slug instead of a ray! :yucky:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
At least you didnt balnk at either venue!
The best place to fish at Porthkerry is to fish at low tide in front or towards the cliffs at rhoose. yes its rocky and you will lose some end tackle but thats where the fish are!

tight lines,

nick

·
Registered
585 Posts
hope you enjoying your weeks fishing braveing the elements good on you mate i use spark plugs on the very rough ground like porthkerry seen some big congers out of there not fished down there for many years

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,622 Posts
well in there m8 - beats blanking on a thursday night match!!! he he he lol.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to meet u too rich......i was hopin for a conger like yours lol....but all i got was a slug instead!.....steff.....quick update....last comp....I didnt blank! dog of 1lb 4oz to be precise haha see you next thurs? im thinkin of signin up soon so I need to win a comp to pay for my fee! tight lines m8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts