World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to fish friars yet again today as from the result of some previous sessions down there......
i arrived there at 4 to ensure that i got a spot in which i did and was planning to fish 3 up and 2 down with mackerel, sandeel, squid and a razorfish. with first casts in the water and a quick chat to someone next to me, i walked back to where i was set up and glanced at the rods to see one of them nodding away already which produced the first fish of the session, a doggie of 1lb 12oz. by now cagsy (WSF MEMBER) and our mate liam arrived. they both quickly set up with cagsy soon into action with a doggie which had been lassoed around the tail........ the fishing persisted on for the next few hours with bites, fish and dropped fish coming to the variety of baits, all doggies. as high water approached me and cagsy both tried out bigger baits to see if there were any eels around, cagsy who had fished a whole sardine and me half a mackerel and whole squid. a few minutes had passed and cagsy rod started to lurch over and kept going for a while. cagsy picked up and produced a solid strike to set the hooks, after a fantastic scrap the biggie surfaced and i ran like a maniac down to the lower ledge to recieve it, as it got closer to me, the conger estimated by us all of around 10lb went mad and started to spin and thrash. as it finally got within 10 yards of me the eel decided to bite through his 60lb hooklength and all was gone......... 2 lost eels by us with me losing one last saturday and now cagsy due to not getting a gaff!!! nevermind that's fishing for ya!!! as an hour passed the doggies started playing ball again with all of us missing bites, catching them or dropping them on the surface with me landing the beauty of the day of 2lb 6oz. :) my biggest doggie overall after having 2 of exactly the ame weight!
as the 2 hours down approached i decided to call it a day with the final results being:
me having 8 doggies the smallest being around 1lb and the biggest of the day of 2lb 6oz.
cagsy having 7 doggies with his being around 1lb 12oz and losing the biggie.......
liam having 2 doggies.........
overall a fantastic day with the fish biting, the sun out and the session thurilly enjoyed!

tight lines and all the best,
steffyenck.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Steffy mate, If your gonna fish for the eels fish with a wire trace. They aint that bothered about what is hanging off the bait and you will land a lot more, if not wire fish with 80lb mono min:) They dont actually bite through the line its just when they roll the line will cpin and cut on the knashers:yucky:, so using a small lenght of wire will sort it out mate:clap3: See you out soon mate and keep up the sessions:clap2:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well done on the doggies fella.. guttin about those eels though..

Time for you 2 invest in a gaff i think?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Steffy mate, If your gonna fish for the eels fish with a wire trace. They aint that bothered about what is hanging off the bait and you will land a lot more, if not wire fish with 80lb mono min:) They dont actually bite through the line its just when they roll the line will cpin and cut on the knashers:yucky:, so using a small lenght of wire will sort it out mate:clap3: See you out soon mate and keep up the sessions:clap2:

well done steffy nice report and a good sesh thats two congers dropped now butty:g::g: i think you need to go like what welsh kev has said maybe not the wire but the 80lb mono i use sakuma 80lb rig mono its really good stuff and for the poundage its a small diamater also it's clear aswell may help give it a try but keep up the good work i will try and get down next week and see if gibby fancys it for a sesh

tight lines

·
Registered
298 Posts
hi sam.. a wiked day that was mate..fishing at its best i say.. im so gutted about loosing that eel man it wud of been my p.b shore caught conger.. well its fishin init.. hopefully do just as good on the pebbles 2morow..
nice report sam..
cheers
tight lines mate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts