World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With nothing to do yesterday I convinced myself that the above would be a suitable place for a last minute low water session, with a big tide at least I would get some free leads and rigs from the rocks.

I got to the venue bang on low water and set up as fast as possible to make the most of my lost tackle hunt.

I used a whole squid on a size 3/0 pulley pennel with the hope of a Ray, good size bass or maybe even a Huss. I cast off the end, left and began the hunt. Within a couple of minutes my rod tip was bouncing and I pulled out a doggie, however, it did feel a lot bigger as it got caught up in some weed.

Next cast, again with whole squid, and about 15 minutes later the rod was bouncing again. This time I hooked into something that felt half decent and landed a nice cod.

Third cast resulted in a longer wait and another doggie and by this time the tide was coming in pretty quickly and the crabs were hungry so I didn’t fish much longer.

If you fish friars at high casting straight off the side is probably the best bet to not lose rigs rather than trying to cast off the front or front left.

In summary:
•2 doggies
•1 cod
•6 or 7 various rigs and leads.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lovely fish Jordan.
I think some of the rigs you found may be mine, can you hang on to them for me please.
Who took the picture of the doggie? 3/10
Thanks Phil, I have to sort through them when I’m back. There’s some weird and wonderful rigs there!
Kate took it, technically the last doggie was her fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts