World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my dismal blank at fontygary im off out again tonight and fancy trying friars never fished it before so any advice on rigs baits etc will be much appreciated

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
Sandeel, Mackerel and squid baits mate with up and overs or pulley rigs at distance for rays, dogs etc, 3 hooks flappers with size 2 hooks about 30 yards out with white bits of macky on and you will pick up eels, Bass and maybe a mullet if your lucky like sam lol.
Hope this helps mate, Just to warn you there will be a hell of a rip there tonight
Goodluck Liam

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for that m8 might give it a miss then . Stuart got any other ideas where to go m8

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
cheers for that m8 might give it a miss then . Stuart got any other ideas where to go m8
fair enough mate but me and fiskies fished there on a 14.6 or something like that and still managed to hold bottome with 6oz leads and we manged to get a few rays out

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh right whats the height of the tide tonight then and is it best to fish the right or left side cheers

·
Team Foreshore
1,816 Posts
I no its a 14 something mate, i can't find my tide table at the minute, Doesn't really matter what side you fish on mate, both as good as each other really, But with these westerlies you will have to fish on the left hand side unless you want some difficulty casting
Liam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts