World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonighti will be fishing Calshot high tide is 00:14 and a predicted 4.6 meters wind SW 20mph Temp 16 pressure 1012 mb
Let me know if your about and up for it

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Too funny..... Its Jet lag you know........ Actually, its more to do with one of Czech's better kept secrets..... Slivovice....... ;)
Knew it would have 'vice' in it somewhere!! lol. :bicycle:

Usually has a 'D' in front of it though??!! :sneaky2:

I'll get me coat!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
best of luck, i fished it last night.

pout over h/w and bass on the last of the ebb, nothing big.

weed was a problem between 1st & 2nd ebb,

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi all only just got my internet working again so now i can report last nights activity

Have you ever had One of Those Days when everything just doesn't go right and you feel like the gods of Angling are telling you Don't Go stay home read a book or just pull a blanket over your head it'll be better tomorrow yesterday was one of those days

For it is Written in The Holy Book
In the beginning there Was Angling and then some smart Arse Bar-steward said hay i've got idea it's called Money and while your here i'd also like to talk to you about Work and Mondays

07:10am
and so it was that Friday the 1st of august would be called Payday unfortunately either the bank or Work Forgot No1 this and so found myself as he of few pennys after a bit of mental math i work out that i've just about got enough to go fishing so i set about feverishly preparing service my reels respool my Abu make sure everything is prefect and that nothing can go wrong leave the house get the train down to Southampton hop on the bus to the Town Quay to pick up my Ferry get there are find out that said ferry has blown it's engine and it's is not in service No2 so i have to walk up the high street to get the Bus To Hythe i now realize that i might not make it to Hythe Before 18:30 when Bells of Hythe Closes phone em to find out the guy can't wait around as he's Boxing tonight but to call him when i'm on the Bus a very Packed Bus at that

18:38pm Bells of Hythe
the Guy who works there is still there what a legend i was only after a few rag and he waited for me £6 for half a pound of the freshest most lively rag i have ever seen who are in a tiny bit of compost not gravel so i have actually paid for half a pound of Rag worm it turns out that they are in fact too lively everyone of them tried fighting with the hook and me fantastic i good sessions starts with good bait

19:28pm Calshot
have a look at the water the winds buffering the beach nicely lots of people and little boats moored close in decide to walk to the castle i know people have warned me about security even the Guy at Bells has but i figure i'll chance it worse case i'm asked to move down a bit so i was up to the castle and set my gear down on the shingle between the slipway and the castle wall where i sit and have a roll up and help a young couple get their Kat out of the Water sit back down and start tackling up grating everyone who walks past with a nice big hello
no sign of security yet?? Then two guys who looked very official come out the building nearby and came straight up to me and ask me how it's going Wish me Luck and hope that the weather holds

21:20pm First Cast Cowshot Castle
have a fight with some rag and send em to a watery grave on a simple wishbone rig it's Quite windy but no sign of any weed so there's hope for me yet
Decide the sound of spreaders hitting mast's of the hundreds of sailing boats and rigs up in the wind sounds like a heard of Cows so from now no this will Be COWSHOT a bit later when the wind was still quite light i swear the ringing of the cowbells rung out the Jaws Theme maybe i should have listened to them?

21:25pm ????
my first cast has barely settled and i've only just about taken one puff of my roll up and the tip Judders tap tap tap i take a deep drag and watch for the tip to move again this time it goes nuts i pic up and very quickly i am rewarded with not only a double shot but a new species

instantly all the worry's of my day are forgotten this could turn into a grate night
Score Black Bream 1 Starry Smooth hound 1

21:40pm Me and My Big Mouth
because of the cloud it's getting dark fast and the sky takes on this really evil looking dark red/yelllow glow i should have taken the hint after recasting i need another roll up to replace the one i spat out when i got my bite one gust of wind later and my Baccys heading for Hillhead :bye2:and i have no spare No3
1st cast of my multiplier rod with a pulley pennel give it a perfectly sweet overhead thump and discover that since servicing it earlier in the day i have not retightend the clutch birds nest and a burnt thumb only a small one No4 (thank you thumb) so i tease it apart nice and quick and recast

22:08pm another fish
land myself another Black bream happy as
Score Black Bream 2 Starry Smooth hound 1

22:15ish Monster makes a Call??
so far so good apart from one or two little things all is well i have a nice big piece of frozen peeler out to see if i can tempt Mega Smut to have a go and she does my clutch now set perfectly now screams like a cat in a blender i grab the rod and can actively feel this fish running against the flow of the tide my mind races could this be my mythical first ever Double Smoothy? it's big mean and mad as hell about 10minutes later i'm making good progress and then it all goes a bit funny the only way a can describe the feeling through the rod was when you where a kid did you every hold a ruler to the edge of the desk twang it and pull the ruler back up the desk that boing feeling this is how the rod felt i carry on reeling still feels rubbery then it locks solid like i'm trying to drag a kite through the water backward not good then i notice something on the surface something big really big is it Nessie or a an old U Boat i climb up onto the sea/moat wall to get a better look and then i see what can only be described as a Telegraph Pole in the water from the looks of it my grippers trapped it the rubbish wrapped up against the pole so i put my rod down and see it i can handline this thing in and retrieve my rig and maybe even the fish that might still be attached to the other end of it after some very uneventful pulling Ping my the line give i reel in and find i still have a shockleader and swivel which is trashed so at least i know there isn't a large fish attached to a telegraph pole floating around in the Solent retie a new shockleader and recast No5

22:55pm Bill and Ben And Ladys Of the Night
The Wind Wakes Up and Starts Blowing like a Really Cheap Person of ill repute and it get's Weedier then the Episode of Bill and Ben when Bob Marley and Cypress hill where the two guest bands in the Garden you cast out and as soon as the lead hit the water the the rod bent double because you had three or four bowling ball sized clumps of weed on the line which you then had to handline in taking 20 minutes each time so decided to walk around the other side of the castle to get out of the wind and hopefully weed so i walk round past the RNLI lifeboat post to find that the flow is immense probably because of all the rain from the last few days 6oz won't hold bottom but at least theres no weed so put out a short cast to see if there are any Bass about

00:30amish
get a bite fish and tide work together to take a lot of line then it all goes rock soild no choice but to pull for another brake this time my mainline gives and i'm missing a good hundred yards of line No6 so i pack up that rod and decide to move to the other side of the lifeboat center to near the base of the castle hoping to try and fish the middle ground between weed and tide cast out and snag someone else's lost rig i can see the bright red line that they where using in my headlamps beam so grab the line turn sideways and pull for the brake PING my bullet lead shoots past me hits the rounded wall of the castle and ricochets of the rounded wall and hits me in the side of the head No7 i apologize to anyone who was fishing stokes bay last night because i'm sure you must have heard we swear

Gone 01:00am
it's now gone 1am and i decide that enough is enough the winds getting worse and theres no sign of the weed letting up i review my situation and figure that if i wait till 7am for the first bus back to Hythe i will not have enough money to buy some now much needed Baccy so make the executive decision to walk the 8 and a bit miles back to Hythe and have a bit of a spin for Bass at first light so i pack up and walk back off the shingle spit get to the Car park at gone 2am to find much to my joy that the toilets there are open 24hours just make sure you have your headlamp with you as the lights are out late night and i start the Walk back to Hythe after walking through Fawley get stopped by the police asking me where i've been nice enough guys when i tell them about losing my Baccy one pipes up "maybe it's a sign you should quite" the second person that night to tell me this it's now about 4amish and i've been having a pretty lousy night and i haven't smoked for about 6 hours surely this guy must have know that means that legally by law you suggest something stupid like that i have the right to pull your head off and use is as a rudimentary maraca while i sing and dance away into the sunset or in this case rise

Still 4amish the kindness of strangers
so i leave the nice police officers and i'm almost Frost lane when i hear you Catch anything?
turn around a car has just stopped alongside and an absolute diamond by the name of Darren has just pulled up alongside with his Son they've just come from Lepe beach and there both new to the game so after a quick chin wag he offers me a lift back to Winchester which i gladly except we even have time to stop at a 24hour garage on the way so one the way back we talk shop and after my offer of money for fuel is flat refused i give them my still very fresh Rag and some other bait and a few bits and pieces so that they can have a crack at the sole and Bass from Town Quay tonight their not online but i'll let you know how they get on i

05:13am
get home excahnge details as i have promised to take Darren and his boy out and catch them some fish only to discover that i have forgotten my front door keys and so i have to sit on the door step till twenty past six when i hear someone in the house wake and can get in No8 get my gear in make a cup of Tea sit down and discover that i've put my shoulder out No9 so i can't work tonight and i've just come in from the garden for a *** and theres not a breath of wind so i think it's gonna be fishing it's head off out there

so would i do it all again know how my day and night where going to go you bet your ass i would because i know next time can only be better and i still added to my species list so all is well

·
Registered
86 Posts
I can see what you mean by more happened than what you mentioned to me earlier! Look on the bright side, at least you didn't blank. 8 mile walk - sod that!

Are you up for a Monday day or night session, possibly at Stokes Bay/Millenium Pier or Warsash?

Mark

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts
Nick......

That is one very fine report mate. I apologise if you could hear me laughing a few times!! lol. :whistling

You deffo need to get rid of the 'Uni text' and get yourself a motor though! (Your story sounds like a Country and Western tragedy....and we all know how much people pay to listen to that stuff!). :punk:

Well done on your perseverence mate and at least you had a few fish; I should be able to get out a bit more soon (once my sheite luck with cars and friends that say they can do things....when they clearly can't, ends). When that time comes, I will happily pick you up on my way past Winchester.

Great and hilarious report. :clap:

Speak soon.

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Cracking report mate, had a good chuckle I have to admit but at least you didn't blank and remember it is the sessions like this that make the good times even sweeter:marinheir

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True it might have been a bit of a git but i don't mind even after having a bad one like that i still have yet to blank and i added another species

and a new lump to my head:black_eye

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can see what you mean by more happened than what you mentioned to me earlier! Look on the bright side, at least you didn't blank. 8 mile walk - sod that!

Are you up for a Monday day or night session, possibly at Stokes Bay/Millenium Pier or Warsash?

Mark
unfortunately i'm working Monday and Tuesday i'm free Wednesday till Saturday night

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick......

That is one very fine report mate. I apologise if you could hear me laughing a few times!! lol. :whistling

You deffo need to get rid of the 'Uni text' and get yourself a motor though! (Your story sounds like a Country and Western tragedy....and we all know how much people pay to listen to that stuff!). :punk:

Well done on your perseverence mate and at least you had a few fish; I should be able to get out a bit more soon (once my sheite luck with cars and friends that say they can do things....when they clearly can't, ends). When that time comes, I will happily pick you up on my way past Winchester.

Great and hilarious report. :clap:

Speak soon.
cool i'll definitely take you up on that offer let me know

·
Registered
553 Posts
superb report, made me realise how much effort you guys put into your fishing, and i work half a mile to the pier, with only one bait, blank and moan about it. what a lazy git i am! fish well earned!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i thought these things happened in 3 s????? could be bad news for all of us lol.
Great report m8 i really felt for you at times,still these things are sent to try us and you won m8!
Shame you couldn't make the dover trip would have been great to meet you!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i Have decide glutton for punishment that i am that i am going to go back there and when i do
it will not be windy
it will not be weedy
and there will not be randomly dumped telegraph poles in the bloody sea

and i will catch what i'm certain was a big Smut and then i will dance a Jig on the castle wall

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i thought these things happened in 3 s????? could be bad news for all of us lol.
Great report m8 i really felt for you at times,still these things are sent to try us and you won m8!
Shame you couldn't make the dover trip would have been great to meet you!
it was a shame but i know i'll catch you on the next trip plus i think the weather was far too nice that night i'm not used to it being warm and perfect with barley any wind lol

as for it's only supposed to happen in threes a agree and by my count last night was 9 which should mean i've got two sessions in hand that should be blinders

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think you jst had a years worth!
then the rest of the year should be pukka ever the optimist that i am

now i'm just waiting till Rob Crazy and Haggis see my post i reckon i'll be able to hear them laughing from here lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts