World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got any ideas of where to fish, im after some rays or even early bass. I was thinking mates around swansea or aberavon.

please help me its been also a month for my last fishing trip. Hows the long arm fishing???

kelvin

·
Registered
188 Posts
tried Aberavon last night Kelv block all not a single bite every bait possible used nowt off to lougher 2 nite

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thansk for the reply mate tell us how u get off tonite, i may take the misses down there tomorrow nite, she says she want to catch a flatty, are any bass showing down there???

kelivn

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Kelvin,

Fished Aberavon beach last Saturday evening but caught absolutely zilch., no bites at all. I think I was the only daft bugger fishsing as it was blowing a gale and my rod was bent over just with the wind force. Should have gone out Sunday as it was much calmer !!!!

I do not think there is much about down there although I have heard that some one caught a 9lb Bass off Jersey Marine beach recently.

A mate of mine reckons that there are no fish in the Swansea Bay since they have been scared off by the testing that has gone on for the wind farm down Porthcawl way. Don't know if this holds much water though as there are reports of fish being caught in Porthcawl still !!!!

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
there are a few blond rays about..i had one last week,,a small one..

It was caught late afternoon,as sun was setting

Im going tonight for a spell,ive found the fishing best a few hours before high,,to be honest,,and about 2 hours after high..always seems to go dead 1 hr before to and hour after

last 2 times i went,,it was daytime and second time was nighttime..both were very productive trips..

Im deffo going tonight..got the bug now..lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts