World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post should be called "Left to my own D-Vices" as for the first time in ages, I was to go fishing on my own as the usual suspects couldn't make it due to other commitments.

I got there at about 6:30pm just as the tide was turning and starting to flood. My aim was to shake off the mojo that has plagued me for the past to sessions - resulting in me blanking, so this time I was to go for the sole purpose of catching a fish - any fish - it didn't matter.

I fished 2 rods - an AFAW Surf close in with the FishyRob D-Sole rig and the Nemesis SLR with a DVB at range.

as the night started to draw, the first few bites showed on the surf rod - and the first schoolie bass was retrieved, shaking the mojo and saving me from a third blank.

It was a fish a chuck after that - all of them coming to the surf rod with the D-Sole rig. Distance wise, there was absolutely nothing - even after putting a quarter of head hooked rag in the DVB at range produced nothing.

I put this down to the trawler that appeared shortly after it got dusk, he had probably been there all week trawling for sole, which may explain why there was nothing at range.

So all in all, I achieved my aim and got rid of the mojo.

Baits used were rag squid and mackerel.

.... and before I forget, the Ultima Distance I have been trying has finally come to the end of its useful life. It has served me well and I am very impressed with it. I have done 6 sessions with the same line at Selsey (weedy) and Hipkins (very snaggy and rough) so I will continue to use it until something that is better value for money comes along. I got the half kilo spool for 21 quid from blakdogtackle.com - so a bit of a bargain.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks for the report. Well done on removing the curse!

Stu.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
well done on you not blanking ,going on your own dosnt that tell you something!!!!!!!! lol:thumbs:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sorting out the packaging today. Should be available within the next three to four weeks. I would have to say they are slaying em everywhere they have been deployed. All very exciting!!

They sound as good as a metal paternoster(the old fashoned Xmas tree type), I hope they are ready before the end of the sole season

1 - 9 of 9 Posts