World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twenty people fished the match, which was slightly ruined due to Jet-skis and chip eaters, but that's summer fishing for you.
We fished from 7pm until 11pm, with the first two hours a nightmare mainly due to a couple of Jet skiers that kept roaring about in front of us about 100 yards out.
I fished a double with StuartDV who fished really close in from the start and managed 5 bass, with the best one of 34cm worth 40 points on the measure and release system we were using (SAMF I think).
I had a few close casts, but when the jet-skiers had gone I started casting properly.
I finished the night with 3 bass. an eel and a pouting.
Deserved winner was Robert Tuck, who also ran the match and I can't remember the guy's name who came second.
Stu won our section and also had biggest fish with his bass and picked up £105. I came second in the section and picked up £40, so a free nights fishing for me.
Best bait for me and Stu on the night was lug, but I think Tucky had his fish on crab.
The only real excitement of the evening was when a knob head chip eater emptied his barbecue coals into the wheelie bin behind me, setting it alight. Me and Stu soon put the fire out with buckets of sea water, but the bin is ruined.
The match as always was well run by Tucky, but it looks like it might not be happening next year as so few people turned up.
We finished the night by going to Stu's and eating a celebratory kebab and downing a pint (of shandy in my case).
Lets hope Rob can be persuaded to do it again next year.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It was a pitty that I miss this match:sad2: but I have to work:doh: ., A fiend of mine went to see the fishing and he told me that he didn't see anybody fishing.

good for the ones that could go:clap:

maybe next time

regards
Jorge

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely those jetskiers were in casting distance ! and you didn't get one :nono:

Believe me I was tempted to have a go, but they were really shifting.
I did have a cracking slackliner from a swimmer who saw me fishing and delibrately went in and swam over my line. The first 2 hours were a nightmare and things only got marginally better after dark. There were still people going in the water at 10.30.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Believe me I was tempted to have a go, but they were really shifting.
I did have a cracking slackliner from a swimmer who saw me fishing and delibrately went in and swam over my line. The first 2 hours were a nightmare and things only got marginally better after dark. There were still people going in the water at 10.30.
You should be like me, I go the the really quiet deserted places.............. and Blank !!!!!!!:wallbash:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You should be like me, I go the the really quiet deserted places.............. and Blank !!!!!!!:wallbash:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds familiar lol:huh::huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts