World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads just a quickie for you all went to frobshaw point (or is it fromshaw) at heysham village .
anyway the mark is through the ancient church down to the shore line turn left and onto the rocks you can only go onto the rocks to fish at any tide below 7.5. /8.0 especially if there is any wind behind its a definate no no.
i got there early to sort out the rucksack and try and look for some early peelers.
got no peelers but made some rigs and waited for the tide i fished two and a half up and two down got joined by some locals three to the rocks to my left and two to the right,also some local lads (3 of em) fished beyond the lads to my left 9 rods in total.
the 10 year old to my left caught the first plaice 10 mins later he got another
the lads furthest away had 3 between em and the lads to my right had two small ones it was about an hour after the kid got his second that i got a flounder and missed two good bites and then the other lad to my left got two plaice( the kids dad blanked )they packed in just as it got dark but i stayed and fished till about 9 15 got one more plaice but missed two bites (i hate it when i do that) the tide was slack and flat as a mill pond we all used fresh lug I was tipping with squid or mackeral,a bit dissapointing but the weather was great i have fished this point before and i thought we might have got more plaice or flounder but not to be.
better luck next time oh yeah they all went back exept for one which is probably on his plate surrounded by chips and peas if he has any sense.any tips to increase catch rate do you think we were doing somthing wrong ??? im open to ideas.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
sounds like you had a good couple of hours kimone

not been on there for a couple of years ,

might have a trip up myself soon ?????

tightlines............................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: good report kimone,
have you tryed using lots of beads and sequins above your hook , or even a tiny spoon above your hook, plaice love flashy things and things that create movement,
i think its called throbshaw point , i've been down for a look a couple of times but have yet to fish it
cuberd

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys lads yep i was using beads and small spinner on one rig then next cast changing to a flapper with no beads. only had one rod with me ya see.
of the locals only the chap to my right used them.
might try gynn wall night time next week good idea or what ??

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
thanks for the replys lads yep i was using beads and small spinner on one rig then next cast changing to a flapper with no beads. only had one rod with me ya see.
of the locals only the chap to my right used them.
might try gynn wall night time next week good idea or what ??

think danix is going on the gynn wall this sat night kimone so the best thing to do matey is just keep your eyes open for the reports coming in before trying the gynn

tightlines...............................daz

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Throbshaw or Throbshire Point off Heysham Barrows is a good venue. It's a headland off Heysham Village, below the 12th century ruin of St.Patricks church......

Throbshaw point is the rocks jutting out into the sea......

You don't want to pick a tide any bigger than 8.4m, smaller if it's windy....

You can expect to catch some quality plaice from late march early april onwards......and bass! As well as the usual flounder. Lug/rag or cocktail for the plaice, peeler crab for the bass flounder.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great pictures mate and thanks for putting me straight on the name of the place.
i had a good few sessions 2005 got a four pound bass and have had flounder,whiting (pins and up to a pound ) and a 2lb codling in january to march this year didn't do much last year coz of my accident im still a bit dodgy on them rocks in the dark but it is a good mark .

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
nice picks rushy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great report Kimone and good of you to share a spot with us..... looks beautiful too from the pics that have been posted.... which is great for me as I enjoy a pleasant view whilst I'm blanking!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts