World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
after many failed attempts at converting from f/spool to multiplier i am still trying to find out which is the best multiplier to use which will reduce the amount of birds nest i will get. I have used a shakespeare quadra 7000 and i am going home after fishing with lovely birds nest in the bottom of my tackle box. I have heard the penn 525 is one of the best for this problem. Can anyone give me some advice on which one to get to overcome this. cheers

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lneale,

The Abu 6500 Mag Elite is the one for you. Have a read at the other threads on reels.

Cheers

Drew

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went from fixed spool to multi with a 525 mag. Fantastic reels and i have only had a handful of birdnest which is normally down to my castinf technique or my finger slipping on the reel. I have also got a 535 GS which is good for casting as well but not for distance as it is more for rock work. Choice is yours in the end but i like the Penn reels as they have been more intermediate level casting which has benifited me upgrading from fixed spool. I also have a Abu 6500 C3 which is good for casting but the levelwind is a pain.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Folks,

99.9% of birdsnests are down to the caster and not the reel. How many times have you heard "This reel is useless, I keep getting birdsnests" Even with a cheap reel the majority of birdsnests are caused by the caster!!!

With any multiplier, it must be set up for the weight before you cast, and you must have a little knowledge of 'what to do'.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts