World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left padstow and went to stay at the in laws at fowey on saturday and thought id give a go while down there , went down to st catherines head at low water to do some recon for the flood tide, stupidly i avoided the advice i was given to climb along the rocks from readymoney beach and went for the good old straight down over the rocks route , all was great , tackled up wiv a 6/0 on some heavy hook length and wanged half a spider peeler at it about 30 yards hoping for a huss or sly murgy, 2mininutes and me rod started bouncing like jordans chest on a bouncy castle , beauty i thought , 15 seconds later off it went again , right , thass it strike!, instantly me rod was pulled sraight down and that was it , dunt know what happened but whatever it wuz went straight for the rocks , gutted , gave it an hour there then thought id try the other end by the car ferry , going up over st catherines head alone with fishing gear is a squeaky tea towl holder moment thats for sure , had about an hour n half at the slipway over by the car ferry for one pollack about 1 1/2 lb which fell for sandeel on a 2/0 running leger. i would have taken a phot of it but me phone went dead , fowey is a really great place and i can imagine if u know what you're doing there are plenty good fishing to be had down there , i'll be checking it out again and polruan castle too , looks good there .

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sounds like you sniffed out a few new spots lad.

Fished spot x :secret:, for a small bass. (your brother had three!)
Plenty of boat action! Highlight being Jubilee Queen's jazz cruise, accompanied by Dusties dancing :yeah:

Fished Constantine at an un-godly hour for a blank (Frosty had a small bass) :uhuh:

Then to kill a couple hours, and use up the crab, fished the bar on Sunday. 5 small bass in 2 hours! :clap3:

Be in touch about a sesh soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gave it go:fishing1: and didn't blank, that's the spirit:clap: and as was mentioned you cant whack jazz while you're fishing.:wiggle:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts