World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all well i had a good few hours at logan yesterday,it was a cracking day to fish,anyhow i got there at 2 0 clock parked at the pier and headed up to the left over the rocks,it was low tide so i could see where all the likley fish holding spots were, i went up as far as i could , so i set up a rod for wrasse fishing and the other rod with a slider float, i fished the ledger rod to start with, its quite snaggy close in so i rigged it up using a rotten bottom so i would only lose the lead not the fish, well i fished the first 2 hours of the flood with only a couple of tentitive bites,then the fish came on for a while, my first fish was a very small wrasse then a couple of pollock again not to big, i had two or three coalies then a slightly better pollock, then another better size wrasse, it got better as the tide flooded, well that was it from the rocks .then i headed back to the van for the beach casters and made my way onto the beach at logan. well i fished from there till 10.30, i got a good few coalies the best around 2 pounds all the fish came to worm baits tipped with squid and razors. ill be back down this week again for a bash at the other side of logan again from the rocks to start with...........:secret: f

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Canny day fishing there mate. I have seen you up there before as i rember seeing your Avatar picture on your phone before when you showed me, do you come from Girvan way? I was fishing next to an older boy from Glasgow, he had a 3lb bass that day and i had a 2lb codling. Theres been a lot of smallish coalies there since christmas, and i actually had a mackerel off port logan pier on the December 31st last year! ask tim at Ardwell. you should try a mackerel bait out for the conger from the pier on the night as i have managed a few straps from there. I never have done much from the beach at Logan near the fish pond, but Port Gill is fishing well for coallies, smaller pollack and flatties at the minute.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts