World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone let me know, apart from the obvious, what is the difference between front and rear drag adjustment on a fixed spool reel. Is it a case of convenience, or is one more efficient than the other.

I want to buy a top quality FSR for clean ground shore or estuary fishing. Does anybody have any recommendations.

Ta

Fred

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
fred you should get quite a few replies to this one m8, i have just changed to fix spool cos my eyes gettin bad now, no,, i,m not old,hee hee. but i dont no a lot about them, but i am startin to like em more an more. i think as far as the drag is concerned, it is really up to you if you like rear or front, i got the shimano aerlex 8000, and it is a great casting reel, distance nice too, only downfall, no spare spool, front drag this one is,. then i bought an okuma axion, this is a front drag also. with a spare spool. quite like it too. the shimano,50 quid, the okuma 70 quid. but are more expensive in most places, but gary evans in cardiff, is the cheapest round this area, cos hes a large shop. he also does price matchin, hope this helps m8........

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Fred,

Have a look at the Daiwa EME or EMP range, they take a lot of beating!!!

The Mag Elite is also a fabulous little reel for spinning and estuary work, also much lighter than the FS reels. That with a couple of spare spools and you are home and dry.!!!

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
438 Posts
hi fred i have got a penn gx 7000 had it at the go fishing show tryd it today it is avery nice reel it costs about 26 pound and a spare spool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts