World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get some today from a local bait shop near Sheffield, I guess it wont be as good as fresh.............but I am sure it will be better than nothing :)

what do you think?

I will also be using lugworm, squid, mackrel etc on my trip to moggs eye tomorrow :)

any tips would be welcome :crazy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
be sure and let us know how you got on at mogs eye,good luck. i fished at huttoft yesterday[friday] and never even had one bite, there was about 10 or 12 anglers fishing and i never saw a fish all session.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly the same pete :sad2:

started fishing at 4pm fished the tide up untill high tide and more. left moggs eye at around 2am with no bites all night.

I thought the conditions were perfect. the sea was calm, the moon was out, there was no wind and it was mild. for some reason the fish just wernt biting.

We did even manage to get some fresh crab on the way down, but that still didnt work :wallbash:

·
Registered
35 Posts
maybe we need a good blow and some rough seas to stir things up a bit.do you think you would do any good with lug? i'm fishing huttoft again on friday,if anyone has any ideas or advice i'd like to hear it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Steve!! Yes, you are quite right the beaches around here have been a bit quiet for the last week. I've fished different beaches on three ocassions since last Wednesday and blanked each time and like you I was also using fresh peeler crab. I heard that someone had three school bass the other evening down at Chapel. The smuts seemed to have moved offshore, whether or not for good this year, I don't know! The bass are about, but I think they are still out a bit feeding on whitebait, sandeel and mackerel. If last year is anything to go by, the bass will come into casting range and start feeding on shrimp and lugworm, but I think not until the baitfish shoals have broken up. Last autumn decent bass were frequently being caught along with the first of the whiting and cod.
Skegness Pier Sea Angling club had a match this morning at the North End of the town and I know there were some very good fishermen taking part. The results will be very interesting!! However, come what may, a fish is a bonus and it's just great to be out there, rod in hand!!
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Fishing this morning at North Shore road was Pooh but still a great turn out and a good laugh................and I blanked.

The match ended up with the winner a flounder and eel, second a flounder, third 3oz flounder . Best round fish 15cm weever, 18 anglers fished.

·
Registered
91 Posts
fished friday to monday night both tides had 1 bite for around 20 hours of fishing and £25 of bait. nice weekend. there was a lot of seales around counted a total of 8 in 1 day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts