World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been given some tips on a Mark I have fished at Whitsands. Got the day off, after dropping of wife the afternoon was all mine.
Getting down to the rocks @LW showed more gullies than i had realised but there has been a fair bit of sand shift.
There was a great rip all churning away & I thought the fish wouldn't be far away. It was on the edge of my wading capability/wish to fill my waders.. so couldn't fish it quite how I wanted but the SG eel got fairly close but it wasn't working.
Got on my way to where I had intended to fish as the tide had been pushing for a bit. Saw some bait fish & there was a bit if weed churned up so thought things were looking favourable.
However after an hour of chucking & swapping lures all I had to show for my efforts was a follow & a sighting of a bass about 2lb :frown:.

Anyhow nice day for it so carry on moving around & see another guy fishing so go watch what he is doing & have a chat.
Nothing doing so far, was fishing well yesterday bait fish mackerel bass all over here kept moving to try & catch bigger fish :unsure:.....

Unfortunately there was no repeat of the evening before, but gave me confidence in using soft bait worm, was impressed how far they cast. I did have a scoolie follow my wave worm but no takes. I gave up & the chap I spoke to hadn't had a take or caught so mad me feel a bit better :smile2:.

Hey ho back to work tomorrow :unsure:

I fancy another go in he dark!

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
So I have been given some tips on a Mark I have fished at Whitsands. Got the day off, after dropping of wife the afternoon was all mine.
Getting down to the rocks @LW showed more gullies than i had realised but there has been a fair bit of sand shift.
There was a great rip all churning away & I thought the fish wouldn't be far away. It was on the edge of my wading capability/wish to fill my waders.. so couldn't fish it quite how I wanted but the SG eel got fairly close but it wasn't working.
Got on my way to where I had intended to fish as the tide had been pushing for a bit. Saw some bait fish & there was a bit if weed churned up so thought things were looking favourable.
However after an hour of chucking & swapping lures all I had to show for my efforts was a follow & a sighting of a bass about 2lb :frown:.

Anyhow nice day for it so carry on moving around & see another guy fishing so go watch what he is doing & have a chat.
Nothing doing so far, was fishing well yesterday bait fish mackerel bass all over here kept moving to try & catch bigger fish :unsure:.....

Unfortunately there was no repeat of the evening before, but gave me confidence in using soft bait worm, was impressed how far they cast. I did have a scoolie follow my wave worm but no takes. I gave up & the chap I spoke to hadn't had a take or caught so mad me feel a bit better :smile2:.

Hey ho back to work tomorrow :unsure:

I fancy another go in he dark!
Whitsands fishes good in the dark with bait

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, looks like going to be unfishable after today for a day or two ....... if the weather forecasters have got it right:unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts