World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
day1 i went to my local harbour in ardrossan for a spot of fishing on arriving the tide was jus beginning to flood and i could see the mullet swimming around the water so decided to try for them first after 2 1/2 hours all i had was a couple of small mullet nibble bait to no joy. the mullet moved on so went to try for some mackeral which was a bit more successful with around 30 for my efforts.

day2 seemed a nice morning so decided i would give the mullet another try so headed back down to the harbour the tide was out so had to wait on it coming in so had a go at spinning for mackeral and got 2 then all went quiet, the tide started so set up for mullet after aroud an hour i managed to get them feeding and eventually one went for my bait damn i struck to early :bangin: quickly baited back up cast out again and within minutes a take strike and away she went but ma drag was set to loose and the reel nested and all went slack :bangin: perserved for another 2 hours but to no avail the heavens began to open so will need to try another day

·
Registered
596 Posts
unlucky Stephen, i'll really pee you off by telling you Greg had one the other night from the tankers beth at 5lb+ on the dropping tide about 1ft of water cause i saw him land it and took a photoill get it aff him and post it. nice fish bet it tasted great to cause he kept it to have for his dinner

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
woke up this morning and jus fancied givin the mullet another go. set off for the harbour with the tide coming in and the fish where startin to move so i set up and pre-baited my mark there were a few fish movin around my float but not much interested with jus 1 fish taking a couple of flakes of bread i perservered 4 a couple of hours when greg a bit of an expert when it comes to mullet set up with me we gave it a couple more hours with jus a couple of fish taking flakes again but no joy so he decided we should move to the marina we got there and seen the mullet feeding quite well so we casted in within half n hour greg was into the first mullet and landed a quality fish of 4lb. around 20 minutes went by when gregs float showed interest but he missed that one then i noticed my float go under and bang i was into one after carefully playing the fish it was netted to my relief and another fish of 4lb we carried on fishing for another hour n half but the fish had disappeared but what can i say it was worth the wait to catch my first ever mullet RESULT cheers greg

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers alex how did u get on last nite

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was there any fish caught

·
Registered
596 Posts
yeah there was quite a few! however i got the worst peg on the venue and i was dropping double figured fish and tripple shots all over the place! hehehehehe:roll1::roll1::roll1:
Alex we will believe you honest millions wouldn't:oops:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah greg said that his fish tastied lovely was good to meet him ystrday and us both catching a mullet each he stayed on after i left so dont know if he managed any more

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
well done on your catch mate................those mullet are sure hard to catch,but with time and patience you end up catching one.
Did the fish taste nice as ive never tried mullet??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the guy i was fishing with says they taste great but not tried it myself mullet are sure a tricky fish to catch but i have to admit they are worth the wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts