World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some fresh lug and big kings rag and went to the frying pan down at whitsand bay ,the surf was spot on but was a bit concerned about the small tide but had to give it a go. got there about 6 and started to fish fist cast me and mart had a bass each :) it was steady fishing all night in total 11 bass 2 keepers and a big dog :clap2: mart was happy with his haul as he had 6 bass and the dog .left at 11.30 just as they come back on the feed like they allways do a hour after hight tide think if we could of stayed we would of had loads more last hour we were there it was bite after bite ,mart had work and a 45 min drive home so like i said we packed up and went , think its going to be a good year this year for the bass but i allways say that !!!!!!! oh well done mart for catching the dog in the mouth for once it must be the north coast dogs that like it from behind :g:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
nice one boy's great to hear of some good fishing, the bass seem to be turning up a bit now, good signs for later in the year.

i'm with you rich i think tis going to be a good year.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great session boys. I fish whitsand now and again buit have only fished tregantle. Where is the frying pan???

I take it all the debris in the water has finally dispersed.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Had a great time m8!! Deffo not one of your' "wild goose chases" rofl
The roast dinner was amazing b4 btw, had fun trying to dig bait even if I was s**t at it lol
The bass are in the oven whilst i type this and will be delicious I'm sure lol.
Best nights Bass fishing I've had in a long time, with that result at this time of year I can't wait till later in the year, should be superb. Great to go to a top mark with good company, superb bait, and catch a few bass to top it off. Thanks again m8

·
Registered
370 Posts
got some fresh lug and big kings rag and went to the frying pan down at whitsand bay ,the surf was spot on but was a bit concerned about the small tide but had to give it a go. got there about 6 and started to fish fist cast me and mart had a bass each :) it was steady fishing all night in total 11 bass 2 keepers and a big dog :clap2: mart was happy with his haul as he had 6 bass and the dog .left at 11.30 just as they come back on the feed like they allways do a hour after hight tide think if we could of stayed we would of had loads more last hour we were there it was bite after bite ,mart had work and a 45 min drive home so like i said we packed up and went , think its going to be a good year this year for the bass but i allways say that !!!!!!! oh well done mart for catching the dog in the mouth for once it must be the north coast dogs that like it from behind :g:
well done rich,i was going to go eeling on sat but you have just changed my mind,just had me second tt lite delivered so itching to fish one of the beaches,any size?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well done rich,i was going to go eeling on sat but you have just changed my mind,just had me second tt lite delivered so itching to fish one of the beaches,any size?
i wouldnt go for a few days now m8 no surf there you defo need the surf oh and the biggest was around 2.5pound just on the taking size dont like fish myself hope mart and his mrs does tho

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
hay mart if you keep catching like that your grotto is going to become redundent, the doggies will be happy though lol:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
What grotto?? ;) :)
Stuff the north coast, I wanna move lol,
nahh I'll allways be seen in the grotto most weekends in the summer m8

·
Registered
370 Posts
i wouldnt go for a few days now m8 no surf there you defo need the surf oh and the biggest was around 2.5pound just on the taking size dont like fish myself hope mart and his mrs does tho
dont need surf for bass 12, 9 and seven pound bass all caught last year in totally flat conditions

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well done lads :clap3:
You had Bass Monday and myself on Saturday.

Heres to a good season:)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done mate :) Sounds like you had a great evening.

With the amount of pair teams out hammering the bass at the moment we might be lucky if a few are left :(

SS
your not a fisherman are you ss ??? yer we did mention that there were loads of boats out that night most of them were shooting along the drop off all the way down to looe:g:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont need surf for bass 12, 9 and seven pound bass all caught last year in totally flat conditions
yer know what you are saying but with whitsands being all sand and not much rock they tend to only feed in the surf you do get some still as they are allways about but not in numbers was thinking about doing a night session at rame if anyone fancys it ??

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice session mate :) keep at them , sure to be a bigger one in amongst them sooner or later . Are they earlier than last year? i know there were some big shoals around early last year but i don't think that was until about April / May time and then there was the odd bigger fish amongst them upto about 6 1/2- 7lb :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts