World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have literally hundreds of questions relating to boats/fishing etc......but possibly best to start with this one. The boat we purchased recently (14ft Mayland) came with a 9.9 HP Mariner (shark?) 2 stroke outboard, could somebody possibly tell us the ideal mixture for this engine.......thanks........Colport. I have won an auction on ebay for a dealers manual for these engines but unfortunately the guy who sold it to me is currently in hospital........so are still clueless. If it helps at all we think the outboard is approx 10-15 years old? Serial number starts with CL.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
50:1 with a PO3 grade 2 stroke oil, if its 15yrs old, it may be best to use LRP instead of unleaded. ChrisP (who is the oracle on all things engines, will doubtless correct any mistakes I have made), so if I'm wrong, you wont be!
blueskip

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
All Merc / Mariners can run on normal unleaded if they are manufactured since 1960 or 66, can't remember which. Don't think it matters if yours is only 15 years old

50 to 1 with unleaded will be fine. Best to use Quicksilver oil or an oil with a tcw3 rating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts