World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gave it a try in tornesse for pollack. never thought it would be that easy!
after a few casts at the outlet for bass without any joy we moved to the inlet. when we arived there was a lot of movement in the water from hunting fish. from then on we had a bonanza of small fish on our lures with a fish every cast. hokkai feathers gave one on every hook everytime so we gave up on that to have more fun with the spinners and plastic eels. the pollack caught where however hardly bigger than the spinners so nothing exciting. biggest caugth by was about 6oz :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
but fun anyhow. first time pollack from the shore. all fish returned with a sore lip.
tried for bass after that untill my mates reel broke down. no luck whatsoever.

anyone has a clue where the bigger pollack are over there???

jan

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
st abbs and eyemouth rock marks throw up good pollack ive also heard the turn off before you get to torness coming from dunbar takes you down to a deep water mark where the pollacking is not too bad cant remember the name of it

·
Registered
303 Posts
gave it a try in tornesse for pollack. never thought it would be that easy!
after a few casts at the outlet for bass without any joy we moved to the inlet. when we arived there was a lot of movement in the water from hunting fish. from then on we had a bonanza of small fish on our lures with a fish every cast. hokkai feathers gave one on every hook everytime so we gave up on that to have more fun with the spinners and plastic eels. the pollack caught where however hardly bigger than the spinners so nothing exciting. biggest caugth by was about 6oz :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:
but fun anyhow. first time pollack from the shore. all fish returned with a sore lip.
tried for bass after that untill my mates reel broke down. no luck whatsoever.

anyone has a clue where the bigger pollack are over there???

jan
what tide were you fishing jan, and where about at the inlet, i have caught decent size pollock from all along the inlet mostly at the sides, but that was a month or two later.
TM.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what tide were you fishing jan, and where about at the inlet, i have caught decent size pollock from all along the inlet mostly at the sides, but that was a month or two later.
TM.
It was around the turning of the low tide. we where right under the bridge.

jan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts