World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fatlad (dave) and me decided to have a few hours fishing the wear last night ,so i decided to make a card up for a bit competitive fun , mark down each(measured) size fish caught ,then straight back in which all was sucsessfully returned alive,fished from 5pm till 9.30pm daves card showed 7 coalies which total measurement was 157cm,s . my card showed 9 coalies total measurement was 199cm,s,no flatties showed up or no eels,which dave was hoping for one even though he didnt like them as it wud of knocked his measure up quite a bit , .but it was all good fun and nice to been out for a few hours .

baits used peeler ,rag,macky ,squid .

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Aye mate, ye won it fair and square. Was a laff a minute as we forgot to measure fish, drop them off at the last second and miss 99 bites LOL
A lesson learned for next time, smaller hooks and a net LMAO
I'm sure we'll be down there quite a bit during the summer, you'll hear us laffing LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was fishing the Wear last night, started off at Panns Bank/Student Accomodation, caught quite a few undersize coalies& codlins, then me and my mate moved down to the White Wall, the same results for me, but my mate managed a nice dab and also an eel, which I would estimate at over 50cm, both caught on Yellow Tails.

Where abouts were you's fishing? I'm suprised I never saw yous.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
white wall was a mark young lad out tackle shop mentioned he had a 3.5lb cod or around that size ,not sure what day he had it

·
Registered
27 Posts
he caught it a last Saturday during the comp and won the longest fish, so it said in the Echo, I bet you that put a smile on his face.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would of asked ya jimmy mate but never had a postage stamp to do you a card up lmfao

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
well done lads... nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition.....Chris
Healthy,erm.....you obviously don't know me and Coddy, 200 tabs later. LOL

Honestly Chris, it's the best session i've had in ages mate, laughed more than i have in a long time. More people should try it instead of being so deadly serious about a sport that is supposed to be fun

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
thats the way to do it. enjoy fishing for the small ones if thats all thats there and make a bitof sport out of it.

better tham moping here because theres no big fish about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts