World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
We had a little run in Feb, last year, madness! How are they tasting at this time of the year? Compared to say late May?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a little run in Feb, last year, madness! How are they tasting at this time of the year? Compared to say late May?
Dear Seymour, I don't eat fish at all, but my wife says they were good smoked and my fox terrier says they are good cooked in the oven. The mackerel are not carrying roe and their stomachs are empty, but they are in pretty good nick. I had 6 more today on the float, two of them real big chunky ones. PH

·
The Cheeky Essex Lure Fisher, joined March 2010
5,197 Posts
Still a few mackerel around, and these four came from Plymouth's West Hoe Pier this afternoon View attachment 1358585 It's much more fun to catch them one at a time on light gear.
No problems with Covid restrictions - this handy venue is a brisk 15-minute walk from home! PH
i used to do the same thing at the same place when i was 17
i used to live in mutley plain lane in a brothel lols bazz

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
b&b eh lols
yep had 22 gars in a day there
great place though
A couple more small macks yesterday afternoon on the float, though it was difficult fishing in the teeth of nasty cold east wind. It was quite unpleasant and made float control difficult.
The weather seems to be all over the place at present, though here in Plymouth we haven't had so much as a flake of snow. I fished alongside some Romanians the other day.
They seemed to think it was pretty mild, then told me it was minus 14 back home...PH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts