World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....may source another wind forecast after today:boat:....wnw turning into south West and gusting.....not amused fellas.
My leak and potato soup spilt everywhere:mad:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Well....may source another wind forecast after today:boat:....wnw turning into south West and gusting.....not amused fellas.
My leak and potato soup spilt everywhere:mad:
i thought it looked a bit tasty today. Not quite the wnw forecast and pretty gusty at times. Im glad we didnt make the journey down today,but Im still a bit undecided about tomorrow. The gear is all sorted,so I will go down anyway,but Im kind of expecting it to be a bit gnarly,so a quick peek along the seafront on the way to the marina sounds like a plan. No point in getting chucked around and hanging on all day if the fishing isnt worth it.

Raider.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought it looked a bit tasty today. Not quite the wnw forecast and pretty gusty at times. Im glad we didnt make the journey down today,but Im still a bit undecided about tomorrow. The gear is all sorted,so I will go down anyway,but Im kind of expecting it to be a bit gnarly,so a quick peek along the seafront on the way to the marina sounds like a plan. No point in getting chucked around and hanging on all day if the fishing isnt worth it.

Raider.
I think that's a good Plan.....tight lines Fella, I know plenty of others trying tomoz as its meant to ease off!!!:unsure:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought it was leek n potato ,but hey , you know best ! lol

Good Grief, cannot even spell left now!:whistling:whistling:whistling.......

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I think that's a good Plan.....tight lines Fella, I know plenty of others trying tomoz as its meant to ease off!!!:unsure:
Bottled it. After a quick chat with the guys in the tackle box, and noticing that all the charter boats had given it a swerve,we decided to stay on dry land. The catch reports had been dire for the last few days,and the breeze was picking up by the minute, so we didnt fancy sitting wind over tide for most of the day. By the time we had done a few bits on the boat and wandered back to the car park,there was white water showing up on just about every wave and that was before the ebb had started. I dont mind not catching much,but I dont like getting chucked about while Im blanking!.

The Pollack comp is going to be interesting on Monday, as it appears just about everyone that has been out in the last few days has blanked. Sounds like one lucky fish could easily win it for anyone.

Raider.

·
Registered
319 Posts
On the seafront now the Sun is shining but Christ has that wind got a bite to it. Cant feel my toes :-(

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bottled it. After a quick chat with the guys in the tackle box, and noticing that all the charter boats had given it a swerve,we decided to stay on dry land. The catch reports had been dire for the last few days,and the breeze was picking up by the minute, so we didnt fancy sitting wind over tide for most of the day. By the time we had done a few bits on the boat and wandered back to the car park,there was white water showing up on just about every wave and that was before the ebb had started. I dont mind not catching much,but I dont like getting chucked about while Im blanking!.

The Pollack comp is going to be interesting on Monday, as it appears just about everyone that has been out in the last few days has blanked. Sounds like one lucky fish could easily win it for anyone.

Raider.
A mate who came out with me yesterday rang me earlier this morning, he was looking out to sea having Breakfast at Carrots Cafe....said I wouldn't wannbe out there today either....poor bloke came out with me yesterday and was sick as a dog....looks like he's got his appetite back again lol.
Hope my mate in a much better sized vessel managed to drown all those worm I dug Friday night, that was an absolute chore digging too, the beaches are grim to dig at the mo from all those storms.

I am giving the Pollock comp a miss this Year, tbh forgot all about it!
Looking at the forecast for Monday that looks iffy....not much different to today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts