World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took My Boy , Joe, Up To The Quarry To Use Up The Bait Left Over From Friday. (any Excuse).
Set Up Both Our Rods And Away We Went. Bites Almost Right Away, Both Landing Small Pouting, In Again And Wee Joe's Rod Bent Over. Looked Like A Decent Fish. Turned Out It Was A Codling That Looked About 2lb Which He Got To The Edge Of The Water Before It Fell Off,the Wee Man Was Gutted. My Rod Went Straight After And I Pulled In A Wee Codling About 1 1/2lb.
Joe Then Got A Pollock About 1 1/4lb And He Was Happy Again.
I Got Another Pollock About 1 1/2lb. Catching Plenty Of Small Fish In Between ,pouting,gurnard,wrasse.
Wee Joe Then Caught Nice Wrasse About 1 1/2lb.
Some Other Good Bites Then Hooked Into A Conger (on The Wrong Rod ,light Tackle) . It Played With Me For About 5 Minutes , Im Sure It Was Laughing Down There Looking At The Line. Then It Snapped Me And Off It Went.
Overall We Must Have Pulled In About 30 Fish Between Us With Hardly Any Quiet Spells. Was A Good Session.
Guy Next To Me Caught A Nice Conger Which Tipped The Scales At 26lb, He Had Caught A 12 Ponder Earlier In The Day As Well.
Just A Wee Mention Though About The Amount Off Crap,beer Cans , Bottles Ect, Left Lying About All Over The Place.
They Have Stopped Allowing Cars To Drive Into The Quarry.
If Some Of These People Dont Get A Grip And Take Their Rubbish Away With Them,the Quarry Will End Up Not Even Allowing Anyone To Fish There At All.

Attachments

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i fished it on fri davy and when i left there was loads of ppl turning up family and some bucky crew,welldone on the fish and eel,think im going to try it again on wed

·
Registered
151 Posts
They fish look good against a blue background!!

What Is With All The Capitals At The Start Of Every Word!!!!!!!!!

I just tried it and it's bloody tricky! :clap:

Nice catch but I will never be back at that ****-hole again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was using ragworm mainly as bait.

dont know how the capital letter thing worked, i must av been on caps lock at the time. but your right ,, the fish always look better wi that blue background.

thats no me with the eel, thats the guy that caught it wi wee joe behind him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Davy Drover has mentioned the rubbish left at Furnace. I live locally and have highlighted this before. The quarry gates are now locked every night and the internal access paths are being blocked with concrete slabs when not needed*. Further action is also being considered with the local community council involved. I fish there and find it funny that I have never met a 'fisherman' who does not take his rubbish home when the litter is pointed out! Very strange.

*Why do able bodied men feel the need to ignore large, very large, KEEP OUT, QUARRY OPERATIONS signs when there is plenty parking options within a few hundred yards?

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
Davy Drover has mentioned the rubbish left at Furnace. I live locally and have highlighted this before. The quarry gates are now locked every night and the internal access paths are being blocked with concrete slabs when not needed*. Further action is also being considered with the local community council involved. I fish there and find it funny that I have never met a 'fisherman' who does not take his rubbish home when the litter is pointed out! Very strange.

*Why do able bodied men feel the need to ignore large, very large, KEEP OUT, QUARRY OPERATIONS signs when there is plenty parking options within a few hundred yards?
there is a small car park right outside the quarry aswell so i see no need to drive into it,even walking thro it i stay to the outskirts of it rather than cutting across it

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
I Think It Was The Boys Shirt That Brought The Fish In, Well Done To You Both

·
Registered
289 Posts
Whats the quarry fish like at the end of sept? Well if we're still allowed to by then and the litter leaving ****ers dont get fishermen banned!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
brill sesh davy fine catch for the day and you didnt just catch the fish the wee man will be well and truly caught he'll be wanting one off those conger thingies
wee mans looking like hes right in about it

well in sir :clap::clap:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
thats a couple off cracking conger that guy beside you caught. :clap:

unlucky on losing your conger on the light gear.. how typical is that ehh.
nevermind im sure you will hook it another day while using heavier tackle.

it must have been a good 5 mins though :)

well done to wee Joe on landing his other fish :clap:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First Question Every Night When I Get In From Work From The Wee Man Is, "can We Go And Dig Some Bait To Go Fishing",,or,, Can We Have A Look At The Forum. He Loves It,he's Always Checking It Now When Im At Work And Telling Me Whats On It When Were Having Dinner.
Think He's Well And Truly Hooked On Fishing Now.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice catch mate and great for the wee man,i fished the point to the right there on monday,and got nothing but snags,was it snaggy the bit where you were at?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aye,, It Is Very Snaggy, We Lost A Few Hooks + Weights As Well. I Try To Get Out Quite Far, Then When Bringing In Reel In Any Slack,then Lift Rod Like Im Striking Into A Fish To Lift Gear Off Bottom,then Holding Rod High Just Reel In As Fast As Poss To Keep Gear Up. Seems To Work Most Of The Time But Still Lose Some. Much Harder To Do On The Wee Mans Rod + Reel Though.
I Dont Mind Losing Some Stuff If The Fishings Good But Its A Bugger When You Snag With A Decent Fish On + Lose It.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
First Question Every Night When I Get In From Work From The Wee Man Is, "can We Go And Dig Some Bait To Go Fishing",,or,, Can We Have A Look At The Forum. He Loves It,he's Always Checking It Now When Im At Work And Telling Me Whats On It When Were Having Dinner.
excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts

bone idal springs to mind m8

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
fantastic its always good to see kids getting right into fishing

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey

I was at Furnace on the wooden pier and down on the rocks on Sunday. I saw you and the wee man, nice catch aswell!

I caught plenty mackerel and a few pollack and something I didn't recognise. I'll post a proper report with photos tomorrow!

Jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts