World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one of these on e-bay for a "sensible" price, (thats if it works), anybody else got one, had one, know of somebody who has one etc?
Any info on what they are like, ChrisP maybe knows something? Go on, pour cold water over my latest "bargain"!
blueskip

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Used to see them years ago on Commercial boats, think they were Italian manufacture. Don't know the specific model you have and never had much to do with them. Havn't seen one for years and a quick google didn't turn up anything of interest. They used to make the paper graph type at one time I think.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChrisP I had the same result on Google, not a lot of help, we had an old paper graph sounder, & come to think of it that was a Fuso. In the end we had a hell of a job to get the paper for it, so we binned it, but it worked well up to the end! (I bet I could get paper for it now on e-bay)!
This thing has lots of buttons & things & is supposedly working, no doubt somebody on the forum has one, or had one, I will wait until it turns up & hopefully somebody will give me a glowing testimonial to the model?
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChrisP I have just had "an orrible thort"! Have I gone & paid £35 for another paper sounder, similar to the one I threw away because I couldn't get the chart paper for it? Ooh Err I bet thats what Iv'e done, if so, what a knob I am!
blueskip

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Question is why would anyone remove a perfectly good working sounder from a boat and sell it?

I hope you havn't bought a pup

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ChrisP looking at the "view sellers other items" it looks like he is not the boater, (video of Charles Diana Wedding etc) & a load of other things irrelevant to boating.
But he has described it as "used, but clean & working, with mounting bracket & all cables".
So if it aint, he gets it back sharpish!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChrisP it looks very similar to the 407 so I could have picked up a bargain for a change, only time will tell.
I will try to attach a picture but I think it will be too big to attach, & I aint clever enough to shrink it.
blueskip
PS as I thought, it says "invalid file type"? that means absolutely nothing to me!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cliffh thanks for that info, I shall make sure its inside the cuddy where it is "dry", (where on a small boat is it dry)? I saw in the posting that ChrisP put up, that they were "splashproof", if they were designed for bigger boats thats fine, but for us waterproof is a minimum.
Perhaps it was bought in Oz & brought over, or could be off something that was sailed back here & scrapped?
So long as it works, at £35 its a ripper mate!
blueskip

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I would try an email to these guys and if they are represented in the UK.

http://www.tmq.com.au/index.htm

Failing that have a look in the clasified pages of PBO for a marine electronics repair shop.

I suspect it will be cheaper in the long run to replace it though, £120 would get you a decent new one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts