World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im always open to a new challenge and i really fancy a go at targeting thornbacks from my bit of coastline..Ive heard of a few being caught at cleveleys at low water and the odd one from rossall or the wall at night over high...Have i left it too late in the year?..Am i correct in thinking its a big crab bait at range approach?...Id really appreciate any help or tips that could perhaps give me an edge as this is one species i know exists of the fyldes beaches but has eluded me up to now..

·
King of the Plaice
1,460 Posts
From what I've heard from other anglers you're probably better trying low water opposite the Norbreck Castle and wading out as far as you can. Crab would give you the chance of a bonus cod, bass or smoothound, but I'd assume fish baits or sandeel/squid wraps would be better to target them specifically.

Rigs would be either an up and over pulley or a D-Vice with a long 6ft trace so that the ray doesn't land on your grip wires and get spooked.

Let us know how you get on!

Tightlines, Bob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i have any success ill post it on here without a doubt...Ive caught a few rays from some of the deep water rock marks on Anglesey but to try n specifically target them from a shallow beach is something new to me..One thing i did mean to ask was..What do you consider to be optimum weather conditions?..Should i be looking for a flat calm or a bit of surf?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts