World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi
I&#39;ve just splashed out on some basic sea fishing kit and a load of lures, bait, etc, and I&#39;m off to the far North West of Scotland for a week to chill out and try my luck.
I&#39;m going to be staying in the area between Gairloch and Ulapool and may venture further North if time allows. Does anyone know of any good spots to fish off a pier or rocks around there?
I&#39;m a first time sea fisherman (done some coarse a while ago) and know very little, so any hints and tips would be much appreciated.  I have just the one rod good for 50-100g casting weight and a couple of hand lines.
One specific question I have; is it possible to use Mackrel feathers when shore casting? Or are they really for use off boats?

Many thanks.

Toad</font>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#000000'>Just posted this in the main discussion forum - please add any comments to that post, not this one.
Sorry - I&#39;m a newb - what more can I say...</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi dont know if this is too late just stumbled upon you entry I am on holiday in South Erradale the other side of Gairloch from you if you have already been & gone I wont go into great detail let me know if you are still searching info

Raymond

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi dont know if this is too late just stumbled upon you entry I am on holiday in South Erradale the other side of Gairloch from you if you have already been & gone I wont go into great detail let me know if you are still searching info

Raymond
Sorry seven years too late going by the OP's date :cc_surren

·
Registered
393 Posts
hi mate just back from that area!
I would try RHUE about 2 miles past ullapool its supposed to be great for pollack,and wrasse, use lures or jellies
I have to admit i didnt do to wll there but Locals told me it can still produce belters.
I was told to try going right from the lighthouse and work your way towards ardmair!
I caught a lot of small stuff and lost well i dont know what?
but anyways best of luck:bye2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts