World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to Stranraer yesterday to meet someone at the Cairnryan ferry terminal.
Would it be worth fishing Loch Ryan?
Also called in to a couple of shore marks along the A75, they look good too, are they.
Or is it best to just call in at a tackle shop and ask.
Can you dig bait along this coast.
Im not asking for secret locations just is it worth the trip from Shropshire.
Thanks and tightlines.

·
Registered
372 Posts
went to Stranraer yesterday to meet someone at the Cairnryan ferry terminal.
Would it be worth fishing Loch Ryan?
Also called in to a couple of shore marks along the A75, they look good too, are they.
Or is it best to just call in at a tackle shop and ask.
Can you dig bait along this coast.
Im not asking for secret locations just is it worth the trip from Shropshire.
Thanks and tightlines.
Do a search on this forum for Mull of Galloway, Port Logan, Isle of Whithorn and Portpatrick to get you started.

Fantastic fishing available from June onwards, my second home during the summer months:)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Do a search on this forum for Mull of Galloway, Port Logan, Isle of Whithorn and Portpatrick to get you started.

Fantastic fishing available from June onwards, my second home during the summer months:)
top of my chart as well :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You could always fish of Cairnryan pier. Plenty of doggies, also a good chance of conger and huss. I have heard of Tope getting caught there aswell. Better in the summer though when there are lots of maky and odd garfish. There are also some huge mullet there, but i have yet to catch one there.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just a thought but it will be all kicking off at Auchenlarie and a few other marks over Whithorn side for the smotthies soon. Good chance of bass there too if you fish peelers. Should get flounder and eels on smaller crab baits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts