World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me directions to the gamble steps in gourock. I have dug bait at cardwell bay but only fished from a boat in the area.
Is it suitable for a 5 and 7 year old to fish here. If not is there any other shore marks in the area that pollock, wrasse, mackarel etc can be caught on a float and is suitable for kids.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello Kev, the Gamble steps are on the road you take to go on the Cal Mac ferry to Dunoon, u will see sign posts for the road to take as you head from Greenock into Gourock, u can expect, coalies, pollock, flounders and u can get conger here also, It is a small set of steps going into the water, hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The easiest way for me to get to it is by train. It drops you about 100yards from it. When its good its good, lots of pollock ,coalies, dabs small codling and mackerel. Apparently there are some bbetter Pollock/Wrasse close in so a float would be a good idea, bring some spinners as well. I've fished down the side of the steps sometimes and caught lots of small corkwing and goldsinny wrasse and the smallest codling I have ever seen. Tight Lines mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts