World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing West Bay saturday night and was gonna try putting a slider out to see if there were any gar's about but with the water dirty inshore, just wondered if this would put them off as they would not see the bait? :g:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Worth trying did a match down at the adelaide water had a good stir bloke next to me was catching gars on the slider ,worth trying mackerel on a 3/0 slider .Also can use a float set so you can fish at required depth

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
i often cast out a griplead, and then slide a float down the line, usually around a 6ft trace, sometimes the tide will pull the float down a bit, caught three on shoreham arm a few weeks back using that method, not so easy from a shallow beach though !

when i put the sand eel on, i cut off the tail and thru the head, i'm pretty certain they'll find it by scent if they're about.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
defo woth a shout. ive heard of a fair few all along chesil. i shall be trying it in my next club match. this may water wont be around for too much longer (i hope)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Gars don't normally feature at West Bay until late summer, no idea why..... they just don't.
At the moment dogfish and pout are about as much as you can expect from the beach, add eels to the list from the harbour and bigger rockling or maybe a huss from the rough ground off the prom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts