Discussion Starter #1
i've never really bothered with them.
what are they like to eat?
is it worth it or they too boney?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
deffently worth it!!!

they are lovely, baked in the oven. with a salad and bread.

Jamie

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think Garfish is excellent. It has a light, clean flavour, a bit like herring without the heavy oiliness.

Gut, fin and cut into 3 inch sections, roll in seasoned flour and fry quickly in butter with a drop of olive oil to stop the butter burning. Serve with a squeeze of lemon. Lay each section on its side and carefully remove the top fillet to reveal the blue green bones (it comes off the bones very well). This makes a great starter.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I think Garfish is excellent. It has a light, clean flavour, a bit like herring without the heavy oiliness.

Gut, fin and cut into 3 inch sections, roll in seasoned flour and fry quickly in butter with a drop of olive oil to stop the butter burning. Serve with a squeeze of lemon. Lay each section on its side and carefully remove the top fillet to reveal the blue green bones (it comes off the bones very well). This makes a great starter.
As above, we let it go cold, then mix with chopped onion and a little mayo, and use to fill rolls.
Delicious....but I don't want to start a demand for the fish, lets keep it for anglers, not for the commercials.

philtherod

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Love them cold with mayo in a roll!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts