World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i'm thinking of going to rent a house for a week, anyone fished here, I fish Burrowhead a lot and its a toss up between there or garlieston or monrieth? let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Depends what you want to catch mate, I take it you mean from the shore, but at what time of the year? Gairlieston, I would drive round the bay to Eggerness, park where the sign tells you to, and walk up the concrete road to the farm, about 100 yds. from the farm, enter the field by climbing over the gate to the right, walk well away from the two cottages and climb over the **** near the big oak tree. Walk seawards thru the wood till you meet a path. Go right and soon you meet a bay with old concrete boats at the high water mark ( old mulberry harbour craft) or go left until yopu see a wall leading down to the sea. ( castle rock ) the path is obvious, about 300 yds on is the Pikehorn, a superb stance casting onto clean ground. after that, lots of stances all the way to Innerwell fishery which dries out at low water. When tide is in, good plaice mark. Between Gairlieston and the Isle well worth trying Sheddock, Pallmallet, Dinnans and Cairn Head. Burrowhead marks are heavily fished during the holiday season, and I would give the white tower at the isle a wide berth unless after mackerel for bait, Monrieth, about 113 steps to negotiate if my memory serves me right, is an easy beach to fish although the weed has been established on what used to be a pure sand beach. Best bet talk to some of the locals who fish and explain what species you would like to catch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts