World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter approaching, I was looking for a new gas stove for brewing up and maybe the odd fry up at the waters edge.

I have used a variety of stoves over the years from Coleman petrol stoves to lightweight gas hiking stoves to a Kelly Kettle..

All have worked to one degree or another but most had their draw backs. In the end, I usually end up coming back to a gas canister stove for the sheer convenience.

The one I have been using up to now is the rocket type that fits directly to the top of the gas cartridge. It works well enough although not so good at simmering. Its main advantage is that it is very light, but that in turn means when in use the whole thing is very unstable...

After searching around for a better "mouse trap" I came across these on Ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULIN-BL100-T4-A-Outdoor-Camping-Picnic-BBQ-Burner-Gear-Foldable-Split-Gas-Stove/152964787456?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I was a bit hesitant to buy a Chinese item but the reviews were positive so gave it a go.

The stove turned up last week and first impressions are very favourable.

Its not "super light weight" by any means but is certainly well built and feels robust. Its fairly transportable being a larger than a typical rocket gas stove, but still far lighter/more compact than say a Coleman pressure stove. In uses, the basic low design,, large pot holders plus the weight means it is very stable to cook on..

The stove uses the standard Butane/Propane mix canisters and it runs brilliantly, being very adjustable from a low flame to a blow torch like roar.

I've not tried it in the very cold yet, but its one of the few gas stoves I've seen with a pre heat tube so coupled with the fact it runs on a propane mix, I think it will be fine.

Reading up on the company, and after doing a little research, it seems that they make "branded" stoves for other more well known outdoor company's which are then sold on at much inflated prices.

This particular stove was £20 delivered, and I've not seen anything comparable in the shops under £40 so all in all a great little stove...

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
With winter approaching, I was looking for a new gas stove for brewing up and maybe the odd fry up at the waters edge.

I have used a variety of stoves over the years from Coleman petrol stoves to lightweight gas hiking stoves to a Kelly Kettle..

All have worked to one degree or another but most had their draw backs. In the end, I usually end up coming back to a gas canister stove for the sheer convenience.

The one I have been using up to now is the rocket type that fits directly to the top of the gas cartridge. It works well enough although not so good at simmering. Its main advantage is that it is very light, but that in turn means when in use the whole thing is very unstable...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULIN-BL100-T4-A-Outdoor-Camping-Picnic-BBQ-Burner-Gear-Foldable-Split-Gas-Stove/152964787456?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I was a bit hesitant to buy a Chinese item but the reviews were positive so gave it a go.

Its not "super light weight" by any means but is certainly well built and feels robust. Its fairly transportable being a larger than a typical rocket gas stove, but still far lighter/more compact than say a Coleman pressure stove. In uses, the basic low design,, large pot holders plus the weight means it is very stable to cook on..

The stove uses the standard Butane/Propane mix canisters and it runs brilliantly, being very adjustable from a low flame to a blow torch like roar.

I've not tried it in the very cold yet, but its one of the few gas stoves I've seen with a pre heat tube so coupled with the fact it runs on a propane mix, I think it will be fine.

Reading up on the company, and after doing a little research, it seems that they make "branded" stoves for other more well known outdoor company's which are then sold on at much inflated prices.

This particular stove was £20 delivered, and I've not seen anything comparable in the shops under £40 so all in all a great little stove...

hi yes almost all stoves are made in China only ones not would often be likes of Optimus and older Colemans there gas ones are Chinese
There isn't anything really to them as long as tap don't leak and it all don't fall apart in use it's as is!

Ive something similar first one i got hadn't been made right as middle piece wasnt long enough to screw together through plate got a refund from them via flea bay!
There seems to be runs of a type all over flea bay/net like the proverbial rash then theres another style after that run.

But looks ok and can use with any type of bottle but with long one prop top up so don't get neat gas coming through!
I liked the burner&hose type so sits low for if using pans etc for cooking things rather than just a brew as a pan high is asking to face plant in the sand!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts

IV had one now for the past 2 years ,it's a good bit of kit ,no complaints ,I made a foldaway metal wind shield for it so can use it any were ,fully recommend

Reactions: Pete E

·
Registered
5,693 Posts

Would recommend getting a neoprene canister cover for the winter, more economical on fuel, can pick em up on ebay for less than a fiver, some come with lighter holders, (NGT) for example!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would recommend getting a neoprene canister cover for the winter, more economical on fuel, can pick em up on ebay for less than a fiver, some come with lighter holders, (NGT) for example!:thumbsup:
Yes, that's definitely a good idea, I don't know if they are available commercially, but it wouldn't be to too hard to knock one up any way...

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IV had one now for the past 2 years ,it's a good bit of kit ,no complaints ,I made a foldaway metal wind shield for it so can use it any were ,fully recommend
Yes, I've already got one which should be fine...What I really want is a small pan (say 12cm)t that has a proper saucepan base..Most of the pots sold for use on camping stove are made from unbelievably thin material which is not good from a cooking point of view...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts