World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
orite lads i was gunna have ago on middelton today low water but i cudnt get on because sum bugga put a lock on im gutted and not happy :uhuh:
the sea looks lush is well

·
Registered
506 Posts
your young m8 just climb around it ;p

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
orite lads i was gunna have ago on middelton today low water but i cudnt get on because sum bugga put a lock on im gutted and not happy :uhuh:
the sea looks lush is well
low water on a 0.1 will have only been a couple of feet deep on these bigger tides its best fished over high.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Maybe it's not a good idea to advise people to climb gates or cut locks that could have been put there by the authorities who own and try to keep safe access to Middleton pier.
Sorry to have to post on this thread but you could possibly find yourselves in trouble, either from the police or worse, the sea.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
what generally happens at middleton is the residents buy the lock cos anglers can't keep the noise down and respect other people are sleeping while us daft T^^ts are trying to catch fish.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts

Theres the blighter causing ya the problem, had a walk over before work...
the council hanvt put that lock on there.... its a cheap one from the pound shop.

the council have a suited system that uses a different key to that and the lock would be stronger.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe it's not a good idea to advise people to climb gates or cut locks that could have been put there by the authorities who own and try to keep safe access to Middleton pier.
Sorry to have to post on this thread but you could possibly find yourselves in trouble, either from the police or worse, the sea.
dont get me wrong mate, im not saying I or anyone else for that matter is/should cut the lock off, just saying what with the run of weather we have had people are gona want to fish off it. and you always get one who will do it.

Iv got to say though im concernd about the lock being put on, was the pier checked to make sure it was empty before it was put on? who done it? im gona get my shirlock hat out and look into this.
let you know if i find anything out:g:

:fishing1:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Well I spoke to Hartlepool council today with regard to the lock being put on the gate at Middleton .......................and no one can confirm that they were responsible ......................they did say however that a new gate and barrier was being prepared for that location ...............................so chaps it looks like it may be closed permanent.....................in other words ...................it going to be a chalange to either get the new gate off.................or get past the new barrier when it`s installed.

·
Banned
56 Posts

My thoughts also anyone who does so should be arrested then given a huge fine

Bill im ashamed at you

a lock is there for 1 reason to keep people out im sure if it wasnt meant for you they would have wrote to you and said so

NUMPTIES

·
Banned
56 Posts
Well I spoke to Hartlepool council today with regard to the lock being put on the gate at Middleton .......................and no one can confirm that they were responsible ......................they did say however that a new gate and barrier was being prepared for that location ...............................so chaps it looks like it may be closed permanent.....................in other words ...................it going to be a chalange to either get the new gate off.................or get past the new barrier when it`s installed.

whats with all the ............

in your posts brian ??

Its really annoying as if we cant read what your posting these will do . , : ' etc

im sorry to seem harsh but reading your posts is as if your trying to be 1 above us normal people as you are also

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If it is a resident who has put the lock on then they have no right to do so. Unless they own the actual pier than they can not prevent anglers using it for recreational use as they can not prohibit it. Just a thought but perhaps who ever put the lock on th gate is in the wrong? What would you do if a neighbour put a lock on your back gate? I'm sure you would not leave that.

·
Banned
56 Posts
who ever put it on be it council or not you want to be careful as it might be council

you cant just go cutting a lock off :uhuh:

Im sorry but this country is to soft if it was saudi etc you would get you hand or something cut off

and i belive tht is OK u break the law u suffer 2 many imagrants here now with no uk laws

·
Registered
256 Posts
My how times change, years ago we had umpteen piers and now what have we got.
The Heugh pier was closed due to neglect and the money spent on the marina.

Steetly pier will be down some time soon due to the fact the land can make more money by sticking a new housing estate on it.

Middleton peir now locked and new gates prepared to be installed because fishing interferes with the boats coming in an out. And if anyone here says the pier is dangerous then why did they spend hundreds of thousands on it by extending it and reshaping the end.

What have we left, The Pilot pier,The prom and the beach.

Well, I like alot of other anglers actually learnt to fish on Middleton pier and how many new youngsters have we seen taking the sport up and learning to fish off Middleton instead of twocking cars and causing trouble in the street.

Im suprised the tackle shops dont get together and investigate why the pier is getting closed because in the end, its there bread and butter thats going to suffer in years to come when theres no new anglers coming into the game because theres no were to learn.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts