World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm for a spot of mackerel fishing. Caught 16. Brought a dozen home for fish cakes and bait. Top of tide best but fished very well on the way down too. One stray pollock also. Lovely calm evening after rain stopped. Holiday makers also on the mark. I told them where to stand, what to use, how long to let the feathers sink, how to retreive - but they still complained when they caught nowt. They said I was keeping something secret! How grateful. I had to teach one of them how to use the word 'please' when trying to scrounge tackle off me. When does the holiday season finish?
cheers
Jim

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Good 1 Jim, sounds like a nice evening. I'm all packed and rods secured for Scillies, just hoping for dry weather lol. Hopefully it should be a cracking report on Sunday ;) We must meet up again soon for them bass

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hope the weather is good for you there. We are off in August for 2 weeks. I love it. I was going to fish for bass last night with the fresh mackerel - that was the idea - but I couldn't face waiting till midnight for low tide.
Anyway, enjoy and I look forward to that report - they have internet in the tourist information on St Mary and they have it in a place half way up St Martin if you can't wait.
Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Jim, surprised you actually got on the rock with all the invaders ...
tourists should have their own fishing times when down our way ...
3.30-4.30am or when they get back home. Dedicated fishers I don't mind
as they know what they are doing ... its the fluff chuckers with a £3 rod/reel trying to kill me I object to.
Sorry for the rant.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts