World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Can anyone help me? I have a bit of an unusual request. I am coming back to fishing after a 20 year break (&#33;) and I now find myself based in Mauritania in West Africa, where the sea fishing can be spectacular. As a kid I was heavily into coarse fishing in the UK and did a bit of sea fishing whenever I could, so am familiar with the general principles and techniques etc. However, I would appreciate some gear recommendations for beachcasting, and maybe for occasional fishing from rocks. I need a rod and reel and would be willing to spend up to about £120 total for both (but less if possible). On a recent trip here I borrowed a cheapo telescopic fibreglass rod 4.9 metres long (&#33;) but this was too long and heavy for me to be comfortable with. I’m not sure what the species are here but we had a lot of fun with some small Spotted Sea Trout and what looked to me like Red Bream. But there are other monsters out here such as rays, Tuna and other things I don’t yet know the English names of. Also, if anyone can advise me about spinning in the sea that’d be useful too. But the surf casting is what I am most interested it.

Thanks a lot to whoever can suggest something for me</font>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts