World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
orderd a landing net for my boat they sent afresh water one had to send it back they had it a week last monday no sigin of the nw one give them a ring today they had not even posted it has e any one had probs with this firm i do not think i will order with them again

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Taff,,
Going off personal experience,I would avoid Askari like the plague.
Poor quality,, very poor service and absolutely no aftercare.
Just one mans opinion but I feel sure I am not the only one.

All the best bud,
Terry F.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi terry
totaly agree with you. i sent them an order for over 600 quid two months later it still had not arrived, so got in touch with them, then a couple of days later it come, but 80% of order was wrong, sent it back and had to wait another 2 months before they credited my card with money back,
also have had a sim with veals

but had good x with gerry's of morecombe

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Didn`t think I`d be the only one shad.

Re. Veals,,I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with themand have used their mail order service countless times.
Courteous,knowledgeable staff,very prompt delivery and have always been ready to do very good deals.
The same has always applied to Gerry`s.

G

·
gerrys veals and via phone the nice mr kirrage

whatever happened to dave docwras shop used to get the unirig stuff from him

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Cannot beat Anglers Corner for service. Top guys

Woodster

PS. and they are from Gods Country

·
Registered
312 Posts
Would agree with regards to Askari would never use them again.Have to disagree about Veals had nothing but 1st class service from them, stuff has never failed to arrive next day even though they say allow three.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
askari you get what you pay for, if you want shitie that's were you'll get it, gerry's morcambe is spot on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
maybe its me, i had stuff from them, some was wrong, so i did not get more, but maybe it was a bit of bad luck on my part, in past had lots from them with out complaint, but getting old now and grumpy with it.

G

·
big_spence said:
Veals are spot on never had any problems and if you ring early you get the gear next day delivery :)
I agree with you, I did have a minor problem in that they forgot to pack some small item, phoned them up and hey presto with 2 days later

·
Registered
312 Posts
A short while ago I posted the question as to which mail order people recommended and got a good shortlist - I ended up going with Spotty Dog (availability and price) and got tremendous service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts