World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
New to this group..... I have been boat fishing with success a plenty but I have tried my hand at shore fishing recently without success. (had to sell my boat due to kids costing too much ). I have tried fishing with dead frozen sprats, limpet and cuts of dogfish and have had no interest at all, not even a nibble. I have also tried feathers and traces on a cast and retrieval system but no luck with that either.
Question is what am I doing wrong? Is it the location or the bait/method I’m using. Has anyone caught fish from this spot before? Been out a few times now with the daughter and worried if we don’t catch something soon she won’t want to come with me again .
Any advice greatly received .

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Go back to forum and then scroll down to south west wales forum mate.

Gelliswick is a mixed bag place. Worm baits mainly for the bass and flounder. Most people prefer to fish under the fort on the left. Also spinning on the right hand side under the jetty :) Not sure how many people on here these days are from around that area but there are plenty of marks to try. Best bet is to give anglers corner a ring and speak to martin. He's always willing to give advise and point you in the right direction as well as sell you tackle and bait. Top man martin!!

· WSF Primary Administrator.
68,467 Posts
Welcome to WSF:)

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Welcome to WSF. :)

Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.