World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some feed back about these, if any of you use them ,and what you think of them, before I try for myself.... also what sort of weight can they take,would you be happy landing something heavy on them, or are they mainly for scratching rigs.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have used them a few times. I had a great Idea of having easily replaceable snoods, changing them often. In reality I could never be bothered, If I needed a new hook or longer snood I would just change the whole rig. It was working out too expensive so I dont bother now. I do however still use the ones I have left for float fishing snnods.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i asked a similar question about them... seemed to cause a bit of a kerfuffle.. see here
rgds
arch

·
Registered
305 Posts
I use them on the rig bodies for my flapper rigs, trapped between beads and stopknots....

I carry loads of different snoods, diffreent lengths and hook sizes, and my snoods end in small swivels.

This way you get the interchangeable snoods but you're not tying an expensive gemini snood clip on each one.

And you have VERY adaptable 2-3 hook flapper rigs..

Ade

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I use them all the time they are brilliant just bait up snoods and hang them on the tripod reel in change snoods cast out all in a second or two,rebait snoods taken off ready again whist sitting there doing nothing waiting for a fishy to come along,,,have landed big cod,conger and even my 12 lb bass was landed on them not bending out or snapping so yes i would trust them,,,

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I like to use the light Guage ones for Flapper/clipped snoods where
small fish are expected and as has been said before I have copied
Ian Houltons splendid rigs where he uses silicon tubing to make stop knots on the rig body whereby I can manouvre slightly longer "New snoods"by moving the snood swivels thereby adjusting/Tightening the replacement snood.......me mate Bazza prefers to replace the whole rig .........each to there own me thinks.
I have not had any clips fail through fatigue but have lost some to snags so I cover em in silicon tube then......just a case of clipping on a new one if **** appens.
at end of session I just unclip the snood and throw it away.......
that way I reuse the rig body but just fit a new sharp hook snood
although im sure others prefer to re use the hooks again.
I have tried/used the heavier Guage on pulley rigs when expecting
bigger fish(I should be so lucky) and am happy that there up to the job
and I find it easy to swap snoods under cover of darkness.
although im sure others prefer to tie there snood line direct to the
main body rig swivel.....personal taste I spose.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Easier (and cheaper) way......just double-pat, cant see the point in them myself, although they do have one I'm sure. I know Mr Houlton uses them, so I guess I'm just dumb,lol

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I used to use them all the time but found, especially when boat fishing, that all they did was provide yet another snag for someone else's braid to warp around and tangle. I now have pre-tied hook lengths in zip-loc bags and change over accordingly. After all, how long does it take to tie a grinner?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Just wanted some feed back about these, if any of you use them ,and what you think of them, before I try for myself.... also what sort of weight can they take,would you be happy landing something heavy on them, or are they mainly for scratching rigs.
Never used them mate,from the pictures would be easy enough to buy them mistaking them for rig clips,the Gemini snood swivels are rated 45lb,I would think the snood links should be something similar. No reason for not using them on scratching rigs as long as you keep to 3 or 4oz leads.Yes I would trust them to beach a heavy fish.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
damn marky you come into some money:ph34r:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
i use the heavy ones all the time mark , infact i just bought another 100 off fleabay.

i use them for all my spurrie fishing etc and iv never had one fail on me yet.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
i use the heavy ones all the time mark , infact i just bought another 100 off fleabay.

i use them for all my spurrie fishing etc and iv never had one fail on me yet.
thats a maybe al but you havnt caught as many big spurries as me or mark:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn marky you come into some money:ph34r:
Not really, just trying out a few things for a new rig I'm trying to develop for Etive

thats a maybe al but you havnt caught as many big spurries as me or mark:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh! thats naughty..........but nice :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

i did once catch a big conger ........................... did i ever tell you about it ????

and i had a nice wee 17.5lb spur last year too , but i dont like to talk about it :wiggle::wiggle:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts