World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I purchased a pack earlier in the year, as a test I put them on when I went to practise some casting & I was pretty shocked to see they never released! well over 100 metres & good height on the casts too:schmoll:

that was enough to put me off using them, I have heard of people using them though with good success so maybe I had a batch that was too tight or something, Rob.......

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
these will not work with flat back or short tailed leads but they should work ok behind a dca style lead apparently turning the impact disk over also helps a bit... personally id stick with the imp or the new namix clips..
Ross

·
Registered
167 Posts
I tried some recently and they released OK, but I found that on muddy marks they're a fiddly PITA as they really have to be thoroughly cleaned to see what you're doing when latching the hook back in so impact shields score better on those marks

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Worked everytime for me, find them great, especially as I predominately cast OTG, sand and mud can clog them when retrieving but fill your lungs and blow it off, used hooks upto size 4/0. :thumbup:

Sent Via my Nokia 3310.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Worked everytime for me, find them great, especially as I predominately cast OTG, sand and mud can clog them when retrieving but fill your lungs and blow it off, used hooks upto size 4/0. :thumbup:

Sent Via my Nokia 3310.
same here never had a problem with them , fantasic for ofg casts and i use 4/0 hooks on them if needed
:clap2: i use 150 and 170 no problems

·
Registered
119 Posts
had a dodgey pack once were there was excess plastic in the opening where the hook goes in and comes out just had to sand it of abit i do it with all of them now also i use have a small tub of water to clean them off during casts but apart from that no probs

G

·
ive had the odd 1 come unclip in power casting
but the grippers dnt offer much grip without wrapping elastic bands around them the wont hold bottom

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have bought some of the Gemini splashdown weights direct from Gemini.

I just can't figure out how/where the hook goes. I have tried casting them putting the hook where I think it should go but the hook doesn't release. HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Use the clips on their own but hook goes in the gap in the blue plastic,push the disc up & there's a tapered slot in the metal inside place hook in push disc down & ready to go,can be a bit fiddly until you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Cheers, freshy.

I think I have it sussed, will find out tomorrow.

Regards,

Bill

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi ya Nick
Like the splashbackss very much now - BUT - When I started using them had lots of problems with hook not clearing the clip especially with flat back leads ,the answer is to pull top section off the clip, take care the little metal insert its sharp, take the impact disc off and turn it over, it gives you a bigger surface area disc to hit the water, believe me it will clear the clip every time what ever weight you use. I use them all the time now best clip available for OTG
Takes 2 mins to do, 10 mins to do the whole pack and will give you the confidence you need from a clip
TRY IT , IT WORKS
Ken

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
I used them last night didn't have one fail but thought they were really fiddly and no good for big hooks with big bait it's hard to get the hook in the gap with bait. On the bit that holds your hook in the clip the opening is around half way up and not at the top, you have to find it around half way of sliding the bait shield/release thing up/down, bloody nightmare. Also I bent the bit of metal that holds your hook which meant I had to change it, much prefer Imps..

I don't buy anything Gemini any more, I think they are crap; Breakaway all the way!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts