World Sea Fishing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
the trouble is if the wind is strong enough to push u faster than the tide around here u probably shouldnt b on the water anyway cos it would b blowing a hoolie
PMSL it was calm yesterday honest officer ! No in a perfect world there would be no wind , can't remember the last time I fished with 0 mph wind

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
tut tu see there's not one but a whole group of morons on here now ..,cant see good advice when its handed on a plate,..
and again uses some one else's footage as an example .probb is its to thick too understand whats actually happening there.
also see that prozenbrain has been lucky a few times now,wats it 3or5 times,? LUCK, has a nasty habit off running out.
That water especially the one he plays on has no mercy for stubborn ignorance.
this started as a good forum its now gone to pot,..its a pitty the mod cant see that.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've said all that needs to be said on this thread. If people are going to write advice, they should know what they are talking about and it's fairly obvious, that isn't case based on the very childish yet, somehow expected reponses. The attitude towards the major british training body shows you, this isn't a man speaking from experience and is rather a re-hash of what he percieves to be accurate. However, much of it, is not.

Not just me saying this stuff. Read the first paragraph of http://www.fishing.net.nz/index.cfm/pageid/56/view/yes/editorialID/961

Anyone that wants to learn to use a drouge or sea anchor on a kayak should seek to ask a professional that has training and understands the motions of water.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
tut tu see there's not one but a whole group of morons on here now ..,cant see good advice when its handed on a plate,..
and again uses some one else's footage as an example .probb is its to thick too understand whats actually happening there.
also see that prozenbrain has been lucky a few times now,wats it 3or5 times,? LUCK, has a nasty habit off running out.
That water especially the one he plays on has no mercy for stubborn ignorance.
this started as a good forum its now gone to pot,..its a pitty the mod cant see that.
Morons ? is that whay you have joined in ?? food for thought

i used that video because it was presented for an example of how a kayaker does not seperate from his/her kayak when falling in the water but everyone of the kayakers grabs thier kayak within a second of falling in so its not such a good example

Lucky 3 - 5 times dont know where you get your info from very incorrect ive gotton myself into trouble through a snapped anchor line once in two years not bad considering at a gues thats around 100 launches and at least i had the ballls to type it out so others could experiance fom it or judge people by it in your case , sorry for the slow reply too been out fishing today

As for trying to tell me about the waters in my/our area hennie .... really come on maybee you should get out more rather than being a keyboard commando , btw you can have as many personal digs as you like cause at the end of the day i dont really care , still going to go out fishing regular

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I've said all that needs to be said on this thread. If people are going to write advice, they should know what they are talking about and it's fairly obvious, that isn't case based on the very childish yet, somehow expected reponses. The attitude towards the major british training body shows you, this isn't a man speaking from experience and is rather a re-hash of what he percieves to be accurate. However, much of it, is not.

Not just me saying this stuff. Read the first paragraph of http://www.fishing.net.nz/index.cfm/pageid/56/view/yes/editorialID/961

Anyone that wants to learn to use a drouge or sea anchor on a kayak should seek to ask a professional that has training and understands the motions of water.
Ok not having a personal dig at yourself have tryed a drouge a few times and for me in my water at the time of using it the few times i have , didnt work as it should .

Would you use a drouge on a fast running river to slow your drift ? If so how

as i said if i wanted to become a instructor all i would have to do is pay some cash for a course learn a fair bit of new stuff no doubt but for me personally i wouldent go for a title i would rather go out with someone who has had the experiances that i wanted to obtain

No doubt you and you friends can use the drouge sucessfully but i dont know anyone who uses them in our area and there are alot of kayak anglers ?

Maybe write up an article on the drouge for this forum so others can learn from you or take a little bit of advice if nothing else rather than providing external .nz links

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,214 Posts
Guys, there is never only one way to do something. Advice is just advice you either take it or you leave it, the smart ones will take it on board and try it out, the not so smart ones will close their minds and carry on. There is no magic formula to pour knowledge into someone's head. There is also no need for name calling Hennie, you cannot complain about the standards slipping if you are the one making them slip. Lets draw a line under it and carry on giving our knowledge, this thread has the potential to help someone but it can never claim to be the fountain of all knowledge. At the end of the day an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less, there is always something for all of us to learn.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Its was only written as a general guide of equipment , nothing more nothing less a shopping list and a very basic explination of some of the tasks our hobby involves

·
Registered
90 Posts
Guys, there is never only one way to do something. Advice is just advice you either take it or you leave it, the smart ones will take it on board and try it out, the not so smart ones will close their minds and carry on. There is no magic formula to pour knowledge into someone's head. There is also no need for name calling Hennie, you cannot complain about the standards slipping if you are the one making them slip. Lets draw a line under it and carry on giving our knowledge, this thread has the potential to help someone but it can never claim to be the fountain of all knowledge. At the end of the day an expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less, there is always something for all of us to learn.
well said that man

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
If you can add anything lads please do or if theres any bad advise please also point that out
and when one do ,u have a hissy fit and want to bully ur way out off it
i rest my case .
assume all u want mate... have a look at the sticky [locked]on the south west forum its a very 'tragic' example.on anchoring.

and rob, sorry i dont agree there is no double takes on safety.and wanting to rewrite the the laws of nature as it suits u or an argument,..ur having a larf..well i have said all im going to .

cant be bothered no more this is all very childish and im ****ed with myself for even getting this much involved.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
and when one do ,u have a hissy fit and want to bully ur way out off it
i rest my case .
assume all u want mate... have a look at the sticky [locked]on the south west forum its a very 'tragic' example.on anchoring.

and rob, sorry i dont agree there is no double takes on safety.and wanting to rewrite the the laws of nature as it suits u or an argument,..ur having a larf..well i have said all im going to .

cant be bothered no more this is all very childish and im ****ed with myself for even getting this much involved.
Explain the hissy fit and the bullying bit , i may be a bit brash at times and others its just banter a bit of leg pulling but thats just me im not totally negative like some and i also dont have a personal pop at someone , if i can learn somthing new then i will take it on board but if i have tried somthing where i fish i will also tell it how it is . Anyhow no hard feelings hennie although you have had two digs now maybe activate your pms so you can talk to people rather than posting certain stuff on open forums ? And its bugging me now where did you get the 3 - 5 times bit from ? had a quick scan through the south west forum and cant see what you talking about maybe post a link to it here

·
Registered
14 Posts
thinking about getting out on my kayak this weekend(sat 23rd ) to oxwich bay.As this would be my first time out with an anchor trolley fitted would be glad to have some guidance if anybody is planning on heading that direction ( got the gear no idea lol).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've just recently opened up my Scottish kayak fishing website, a not for profit site created due to the volume of emails I get from shore and boat anglers in south east Scotland. See what you guys thinks and please let me know of any suggestions or article contributions you can make; they will be credited to you on the site. It's early days yet so there's a lot more material to go on the site.
www.scottishkayakfishing.co.uk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've just recently opened up my Scottish kayak fishing website, a not for profit site created due to the volume of emails I get from shore and boat anglers in south east Scotland. See what you guys thinks and please let me know of any suggestions or article contributions you can make; they will be credited to you on the site. It's early days yet so there's a lot more material to go on the site.
www.scottishkayakfishing.co.uk
Such a shame that the site don't work!

41 - 60 of 64 Posts