World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A WSF member (from Leeds? - lost your address) e-mailed me for details of sea fishing on Ynys Mon and I told him of an excellent publication, a fold out map, with 'photos. and details of how to find 19 different venues around the island, and on the other side details etc. of charter boats. I've tried to find out whether it's available to download (more later) but if you want a copy send a stamped, addressed FOOLSCAP envelope to the Tourist Information Centre (T.I.C.) in Llanfair PG (yes the village with the long name!) The officer there (an Irishman!) seemed very amenable and gave me the following address:

Canolfan Croeso
Llanfair PG T.I.C
Station Site
Anglesey LL61 5UJ

Telephone: (011248) 713177

The publication is called:
Sea Angling on Anglesey or
Pysgota Mor ar Ynys Mon
Try it, its a great publication and visiting Anglesey will be an education for those who have never been North.
Leave a posting if you decide to send for one!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just found this post today, and will definately send off for the map. I was born in Amlwch, but whisked off to Porthcawl as a baby, and then have been in Scotland since I was a 8 year old.

I have been meaning to visit my birth town - and to combine it with a spot of fishing is just the ticket. Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response! I saw the Irish man at Christmas ans he's still keen to send out the maps. I also located someone from Menter Mon who publish the map. I asked if they are considering putting it 'on-line' so that it can be downloaded instead and cut out the middle man so to speak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Info About Angling Guide,havent Come Across Any Guides About Sea-fishing Wales Since One I Purchased In 1979 Called The Wales Angling Guide From The Welsh Tourist Board,edited By Clive Gammon,a Real Gem It Only Cost A Pound,the Detailed Maps Are Brilliant, As To What You Catch Where Must Have Changed A Bit Since The 70's

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello. Does anyone know if these are still available or if there is a downloadable version anywhere online?
cheers.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just because its STILL on the site doesn't mean it's still available!!!! LOOK AT THE DATE! 2004!!! I was still young and eager under the apple boughs and happy as the day was ...... etc. etc.! I actually was fit enough to go fishing then, now I can hardly get out of the car!!

Years ago, - and I haven't seen one for many years. I did attempt to find out where it came from at the time but you'd think it was covered by the official secrets act.

There are so many better lists of marks on line now. Don't even know if I still have a copy. I will look and let you know. Perhaps someone else still has one that can perhaps be scanned - is that legal??

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have just found one of these leaflets in my shed yesterday !!! ive had it years wondered where it had gone !! is been a very usefull bit of info in the past
if you cant get them anymore does anyone know how to make a good copy of it???? doed anyone know how i can make a good copy whether is digital or paper cheers ian

·
Registered
133 Posts
Could you not scan the map mozza and maybe post it as a photo on here? That's if it is just one page? Would be very helpful indeed as im slowly getting bored of the marks i know on Anglesey! Would be nice to try somwhere new :)

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's quite large (A3) when opened up, with the commercial lads on one side and the usual angling marks on the other - i.e. the 'traditional' ones - nothing new i'm afraid. Sure it could be scanned etc. but i'm not into that these days - sorry!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Found this at the bottom of my cupboard...
Scan_Pic000.jpg

Must have belongedd to my dad. Just what i was looking for!! :1a:

Scan_Pic001.jpg

Hope it helps others :)

Gazza

·
Registered
320 Posts
that list all the same marks as on the info sheet i have if anyone wants the sheet id be happy to post it to them not much use to me now as i know where all the marks are and they are all listed online in various forums/website

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just had a flick through it and seems quite useful if your new to the sport, and looking for marks. It's also has a list of rigs, which rigs to use, venue info, how to get there and best ways to fish! There's also drawings what lies beneath the water :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes that's right. It has Malcoms stamp on the back of the booklet.
'M' for Malcolm...Good shout that! :)

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Just found this post today, and will definately send off for the map. I was born in Amlwch, but whisked off to Porthcawl as a baby, and then have been in Scotland since I was a 8 year old.

I have been meaning to visit my birth town - and to combine it with a spot of fishing is just the ticket. Thanks

Steve
Where abouts were you born in Amlwch if you dont mind me asking. I was also born there and still live there now, not saying that I would know you as you were a baby. The only thing you have missed over the years is some damn good fishing lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi.
If the sheet is still available I would like it.
I could then scan it and save as a .pdf file and email to any members who would like a copy.
PM for my address.
Cheers.
Paul.
that list all the same marks as on the info sheet i have if anyone wants the sheet id be happy to post it to them not much use to me now as i know where all the marks are and they are all listed online in various forums/website

1 - 20 of 30 Posts