World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mate went fishing down llangenith to give it another go after last week. After copying a rig that roamer gave me and a few tips i couldnt wait to get back down there. Using only maddies as bait on a three hook flapper and rolling 3 oz weight.

I managed to catch 3 schoolies, 3 flatties and 2 gg and my friend caught a gg and a schoolie. Reason for me catching more i think was to the fact i was holding rod in my hand waiting for the bites whereas my friend had is rod on the stand.

On one cast, as soon as it went out i had a massive bite :yahoo:, biggest knock ive had, to reel in to find out line had been sliced off from 2 nd hook down :wallbash:. The most annopying thing is i ll never know what it was.

Very good weather, fished it from just after low water to high tide.

Just wondering what i can cancel midweek now to get back out there.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
But there are plenty of smoothounds waiting for the "unprepared" one of them probably had it away with your trace matey!:yeah:

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
nice one mate ,its more fun holding the rod waiting for that pull over ,easyier to bait up on your rest though if useing maddies.
tight lines roamer.
hope to see you down there on the 5th sep golden grey meet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.