World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you go about getting a berth for a boat.
Live in Inverness and cannot get a berth for love or money,anywhere on the Moray Coast or the Black Isle.Sent letters and EMails with no replies,asked to be put on waiting lists,only to be told, find someone to give up there berth and you can have it.:g: :yucky: :g:
And stupidly i thought we lived on an island.

15,082 Posts
How do you go about getting a berth for a boat.
Live in Inverness and cannot get a berth for love or money,anywhere on the Moray Coast or the Black Isle.Sent letters and EMails with no replies,asked to be put on waiting lists,only to be told, find someone to give up there berth and you can have it.:g: :yucky: :g:
And stupidly i thought we lived on an island.
Are there no marina berths in that area? Ive yet to see a marina that wont ''Fit you in'' they dont like turning money down!

Ron

·
Registered
478 Posts
I managed to get a berth at lossie by accepting a berth no-one else wanted as it's not on a finger. However when I was looking I contacted every harbour master and found there was a waiting list. I believe there are some berths at Banff still available (but that's too far) I also hear talk of new pontoons at Hopeman - might worth talking to the HM there. - Otherwise go on the waiting list or buy a boat with a berth:g:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry to inform you but some marina's have 6 year waiting list ! and no amount of money will get you in. Ask your local boat yards and boat merchants, I was promised a berth at one marina IF I bought one of there boats !! I did not, but it appears that some marina's do jump the que

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
You need to go there in person, chat to the marina manager, harbour master etc. and find what the "form" is. Most can't be bothered or are too busy to reply to letters and emails, but can be very helpful face to face. Be prepared to take even an unsuitable berth, then you can move up the food chain as people move on. However, it will be difficult to get a berth for a small boat, as a berth that can accommodate a thirty footer will not be charged out at a price for a smaller boat.

15,082 Posts
Sorry to inform you but some marina's have 6 year waiting list ! and no amount of money will get you in. Ask your local boat yards and boat merchants, I was promised a berth at one marina IF I bought one of there boats !! I did not, but it appears that some marina's do jump the que
Essex people will do anything for money :)

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts